What ship should I build next?

Started by FlessenGreendart, September 08, 2014, 05:58:37 AM

Hammish

If we're borrowing from established sci-fi or games... can I have a Bengal carrier from Wing Commander to use as my endgame carrier-style ship?

TCS Tiger's Claw for the win.

FlessenGreendart

Quote from: Lurler on September 14, 2014, 07:29:47 PM
You can just add the Death Star and call it a day :)
Don't tempt me! ;)

Quote from: Hammish on September 14, 2014, 11:24:45 PM
If we're borrowing from established sci-fi or games... can I have a Bengal carrier from Wing Commander to use as my endgame carrier-style ship?

TCS Tiger's Claw for the win.
Ah, the space runway :) Definitely easier to build than the Serenity!

Hole_in_Head

I'd love to have one of these:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/GTF_Perseus

Small, fast, but fragile and fixed weaponry.

FlessenGreendart

Sorry for getting back to you so late..

I've already put a fair amount of thought into adding one man small fighters, and I think it would add an interesting element. Not just as a player vessel, but imagine coming across about 5 or so pirates in these, darting around you and giving you hell.

I'll definitely consider adding the Perseus, but first, I need to test the small fighter concept, and see how well it works.

Hole_in_Head

Awesome!  Yeah, I agree the small fighters would be a blast to both fly and fly against.  Wonder if the fighters could get some kind of "afterburner" instead of the warp.

FlessenGreendart

It seems unlikely, but I think warp works for fighters too. I think with fighters, warp should be shorter, but recharges faster.

Hammish

Testing out you should be able to do on an existing model though, yeah?  Just drop the scale and hitbox a fair bit and give it more maneuverability traits.

Though for me, personally, playing them may not really ever be an issue until the alternate control scheme is put in and we see how it works.  As it is, frigates can get a little rough for me to control once you have some good skills.  I oversteer them like whoa. >.>

FlessenGreendart

Yeah, that's exactly what I've done. Currently have a micro-banshee whizzing around  ;D

As you said, high skill levels means you're turning like a madman! Might be worth having a few levels of fighter, where the higher levels are closer to the  frigates in terms of manoeuvrability... or something.

I'll play some more and see what I can get