AtomicTorch Blog?

Started by Lurler, September 08, 2014, 01:37:10 AM

Lurler

I noticed that lately there isn't really a whole lot to write about in our blog. So I am wondering - is there anything particular that you'd like us to talk about?

I am currently preparing another article about music in VoidExpanse and I am also going to give a little preview of the upcoming update fairly soon. But that is mostly it...

So, any requests or suggestions? What would you like us to write?

FlessenGreendart

I'd love to see something on the backstory, to be honest. Setting the premise.
Also would be good to hear some lore about the spacecraft, and even the Xentagarn (sp?)

Lurler

Well, we he have a very detailed storyline leading to the events of the game as well as a clear timeline. But I am not sure if we should just post it...
For one it could ruin the mystery of the game world... Alternatively we still have some ideas of introducing more backstory through the game itself.
There are a lot of things to consider before we release the story document...

FlessenGreendart

Fair enough.
I didn't mean just lay it all out on the table, but something smaller. But I can see why you wouldn't want to do that.

Hammish

You could opt to start with introducing broad strokes via out-of-game medium (like the blog) and leave all the specifics to in-game.  For example, maybe giving a rundown of the factions and what they represent.  Or, possibly, a narrative similar to what Joe gives you if you start asking him, pertaining to the history and stuff that happened before you came along.  Just somethin' to hook folks and get them interested. :)

Another option a lot of games seem to take is introducing the developers person by person and having them write about or show off a bit of what they do.  I'm personally a sucker for those, but then I like games and companies that have a more 'personal' feel like that.  It also seems to help when trying to gain 'indie cred', heh.