Why can't I pirate?

Started by jjs026, April 13, 2015, 06:07:20 AM

jjs026

This actually came about in a weird way...

Let my first suggestion be to please fix your merchant npcs just a tad. They like to cluster and block the entrances to bases, so I let my impatience get the best of me and started mowing them down on sight. In doing so, I made a few observations:

1. You get exp from killing merchants, which means a pirate lifestyle is possible.
2. In the 30-something merchants I killed, not one dropped a pick-up box. So there was no reward...< Please please please remedy this. Having a financial reward for pirating opens up so many creative paths in the game!
3. Even though I killed these merchants in Order space, sometimes even INSIDE Order bases...I was never chased by Order ships, attacked by turrets, or discriminated against in any way while docked. I think there should be a penalty, ie less friendly pricing in the store, less missions from the station commander, etc. Perhaps some sort of reputation system?
4. How about making pirate bases accessible to pirates? Pirate missions, kidnapping, smuggling, assassinations perhaps? Perhaps the Rogue class could access pirate bases from the beginning? Allegiance with the pirate faction?

I wanna be a pirate and do piratety pirate things!  ;D And I would be surprised if I were the only one.

Zaphoos

RedPill

Agreed, none of the other factions really agree with me.

Cybermind

This sounds excellent! Especially the pirate base thing!!!

jjs026

Just read the patch notes. I f***ing love you guys!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lurler