Crosshairs / their colors / and full stop

Started by Daehawk, March 13, 2015, 03:04:34 AM

Daehawk

I just got the game tonight so this may have been posted.

1. Customizable crosshairs. Allow color changes to be made and perhaps even the type of croosshair. I am having a difficult time seeing my crosshair during furballs. Im constantly losing it and having to spin around and aim again. I have it turned to full 100% but still not enough. Id love a more solid looking one.

2. Maybe there is this...I'll look again.....but I could use a full stop key. Tap it and my ship comes to a complete stop. Would help so much with mining.
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Lurler

Hm, not sure about the crosshair but there is a config for the targeting lines. Does it affect the crosshair to?

Need to ask other guys on the team on that.

Full stop key - [Space] and you can also open the options menu for all key bindings and other stuff.

Daehawk

Thank you! That space bar is a time saver.

Not sure if it affects the cross hair but 100% is still not enough for me. The one in SPAZ is just right I think.

Its just beta I know...and Im betting you go back over all the text.....but Im noticing a fair amount of misspellings and word orders out of place. If you need help with that I could help out perhaps.

EDIT: After playing more I realize its just the cross hair Id like more solid and brighter...maybe colors. But definitely the cross hair. Losing it all the time. :)

ai_enabled

Hi!
We will add some variants for crosshairs (thicker/thinner versions) in the next release.
About the misspellings - the next release (coming soon) will include a huge bunch of fixes.
Regards!

Daehawk

Your team / company is really on the ball with this game and forums. Thats VERY refreshing to see. I have no doubts my money was well spent with you guys. I feel that you really care about your game. That is a labor of love and not just something to get out the door.

Daehawk

I dont see an option to lock my turning to my crosshair. Is that in the game or not ? And if not could we possibly get that option in the future? So that my ships will turn to point wherever I have my crosshair. If I point behind my ship quickly then my ship will slowly rotate to point that way. I think that would hel pa lot with combat along with making the crosshair easier to see. A lot of times in battle Im shooting all over because my crosshair is on the enemy but my ship is pointing off some other way.

Dae

EDIT: Found that ability!! Now to test it out.

Daehawk

And now Im dead and Im broke thanks in part to a crosshair that does not change color to red over an enemy. Usually I can use my minimap to distinguish and enemy from a friendly but this time there was a big fur ball right outside the starbase and Im sitting there not sure who is who because they are weaving around all over the place. I got shot enough to lower my shield while trying to figure who to shoto at and a misplaced turret shot got me. Now I have no cargo and zero money...with pirates all over the area its going to make it tough to mine enough to get started again.

ai_enabled

Quote from: Daehawk on March 19, 2015, 03:04:20 PM
And now Im dead and Im broke thanks in part to a crosshair that does not change color to red over an enemy. Usually I can use my minimap to distinguish and enemy from a friendly but this time there was a big fur ball right outside the starbase and Im sitting there not sure who is who because they are weaving around all over the place. I got shot enough to lower my shield while trying to figure who to shoto at and a misplaced turret shot got me. Now I have no cargo and zero money...with pirates all over the area its going to make it tough to mine enough to get started again.
But previously there are no cursor changing color to red over an enemy - it changes color when you firing. Now it doesn't change the color and more opaque, so is much harder to loss the cursor on the screen now which is you're asking for.

FlessenGreendart

As a question to you guys; is it possible for you to make the UI moddable?
It would be nice to be able to create your own crosshairs to your taste, and even do a whole UI overhaul. I would lend a great deal to customizing the experience. ;)

ai_enabled

Quote from: FlessenGreendart on March 20, 2015, 05:22:39 AM
As a question to you guys; is it possible for you to make the UI moddable?
It would be nice to be able to create your own crosshairs to your taste, and even do a whole UI overhaul. I would lend a great deal to customizing the experience. ;)
No, it's currently impossible, as all UI assets are XAML-based vector graphics, not a raster images. It's including the animations and some other magic... But I'm sure in the future we can make a special tool for modding the UI. However, it will require a XAML-editing skills and using Microsoft Expression Blend/Kaxaml/other XAML editors.
Regards!

FlessenGreendart

It's a shame to hear that it's not currently possible, but promising that it might be in the future.
I'll have to brush up on my XAML skills :D