Making JSON animations for Cryofall?

Started by ninekorn, September 28, 2019, 03:03:27 PM

ninekorn

Hi, I am trying to make new characters for Cryofall. My goal is to make Skeleton MOBs Swordman/Axeman/Archers from 3d models that i have. There will also be different equipments on them. I can easily do the 3d to 2d conversion but how would i make the JSON files?

I've purchase the software Spine Essentials 1 day ago, yesterday, and noticed that i cant even use InvertedKinematics options on the original JSON MAleFront SkeletonBones as it says its a feature from Spine Pro? anyone knows of any alternatives? If i remove the IK, it breaks all of the animations and i would have to re-do them myself. That is my last solution coz over 200$ for what little Spine Esoteric Software does, i'd rather use my money somewhere else. I feel i got totally ripped off paying over 80$ CAD for the Spine Essential.

I still like the software though as it makes for such an easy workflow but its so overpriced that it saddens me.

EDIT: Nevermind, It seems to not be that much harder without IK. Im going to keep on making the original animations without IK so that i can use them for my characters.

ninekorn

wow DragonBones Software seems to have export to Spine JSON capabilities... I just wasted 80$ cad ++ on Spine... lol. Im gonna try DragonBones tonight.

ai_enabled

Hello!

We're using Spine, an expensive version, but "essential" version also works fine (IK feature is absolutely not required as you've noticed; though for some skeletons we're using "meshes" feature which adds some variety for certain animals in the game like starfish; for humanoid creatures it's not required).

Spine is the best 2D skeleton animation tool with integration with all the popular game engines (such as Unity, Unreal Engine, etc) and many people using it for hobby projects as well. It's simple to use, reliable, and easy to learn (thanks to many tutorials on Spine website, and youtube videos).

I wish there was a good free open source alternative when we started working on the animations for CryoFall (about 3.5 years ago), but there were none.
DragonBones sounds good but we were unable to make it compatible with our game. The exported skeleton is different and there are too many issues.

Regards!