Ship skins

Started by Hammish, October 07, 2014, 04:02:05 PM

Hammish

Question for the AT guys:

If you have them, would you ever consider releasing your local versions of the ship skin files for us modders?  I'm not sure what tools you typically use for modeling/skinning but if you have versions of the actual textures with layers preserved that would save /so/ much time when it came to coming up with new looks for the ships while retaining the feel, and most of the original textures, of the VE ship hulls. :)

As it is I've just been doing it by hand, but it's super time-consuming to go in and select regions on ships for modification in this manner.  Not to mention that even then, artifacts still persist after the fact.

Either way, though, figured I'd just ask.  Worst you can do is say no, and I'll keep doing it the way I have been. :)

Lurler

I wish I could say "yes", but unfortunately no, we cannot provide these files... sorry.

Hammish

That is unfortunate indeed, since most of 2.0 is ready to go and I was hoping to get more modified ship looks in there.

Ah, well, that portion will just have to go on pause until/if I have the time to do skins from scratch, since some of them have a lot of coloration between vertices and are almost impossible to recolor without getting artifacts up the wazoo.

Thanks for the answer though, man!