Awesome game so far

Started by djs4000, September 23, 2014, 12:56:26 PM

djs4000

Hey,
I just bought the game and I have to say it is quite fun. I can't wait to see where this game goes.
So far, I have to say the combat is fun and rewarding. The mining aspect seems a bit hollow so far. I haven't had much time with it yet, so maybe someone can tell me if perhaps the options for a miner open up later in the game. I think the problem is the only real goal of mining is to earn enough money to buy a better combat ship/weapons. Perhaps some kind of crafting system with the ores that are mined would create a better incentive to be a miner. Particularly in multiplayer, being a miner could give access to crafting unique (or atleast unpurchasable) weapons and components. Player built structures would also give a sort of endgame goal to miners (especially if you ever plan on incorporating player ran factions/guilds).

Anyways, I will be keeping a close eye on the development of this game because so far it is outstanding. And if anyone is interested, I'll be streaming it on my twitch channel (twitch.tv/djs4000).

Lurler

Hey! Welcome to the forums. And glad that you enjoy the game :)

For mining - that is actually the plan, the next big update (after the following, smaller one) will introduce crafting and upgrading system where you will need different minerals to do it. So, mining will definitely be more useful. Also, potentially in the future we have even more ideas for industry including mining, hopefully we will be able to extend it even more.

jeeplaw

Impressive..crafting? Can't way to see where this goes