VoidExpanse - Patch notes v0.15.x

Started by Lurler, December 17, 2014, 02:26:47 AM

Lurler

VoidExpanse v0.15.x Update patch notes.

How long has it been already? More than half a year since the last major version release in July! And the game changed so much that it is just incomparable to what was there before! It changed so much, in fact, that we couldn't even release it as an experimental version since we also rewrote the launcher, master server, and many other subsystems. So we are releasing it in one grand shot of pure awesomeness! Well... if it works :)
This version is still marked as alpha, but it is a beta candidate. And as soon as we finish a few other things we will release a stable beta version and after some time after that we will do a full Steam release. So, here it is. Below is the list of changes. Though some changes had to be omitted due to sheer size of the update.

Note: We are still working on some things and will release subsequent updates and fixes in the next few days. We will do a blog post and proper release once everything finalized in a few days.

=== VoidExpanse v0.15.0 ===
New features:
   * Re added missing quests and topics to the game (such as "rats in the cellar" and others).
   * Localization is implemented. Now in-game content and interface can be translated into other languages.
   * New UI!
   * Steam integration.
   * Voice notifications, such as "shields down", "energy depleted" and such.
   * You can now finally complete the game for all factions! There are a number of different paths to take leading to completely different endings.
   * The game now properly pauses in singleplayer mode.
   * A LOT of new content, items, devices, objects, goods and everything else.
   * Added list of all available servers in multiplayer menu, as well as different filters, history, favorites, etc.
   * New music tracks and sound effect.
   * Added "version.txt" to easily track versions of the game for modders or server owners.
   * Added special portraits to most of the unique NPCs.
   * Tutorial system for Singleplayer mode.
   * New meters and reworked design of inventory/hangar screen.
   * Added new kind of turret to guard jumpgates.
   * Damage of enemies now depends on level of a system, making low level systems a bit easier, while high level much more challenging.

Changes:
   * Inventory slots now blink with green color if you can put an item there, making it easier for people to understand where they can equip a particular item.
   * Many changes to different quests in the game.
   * Updated upcoming features list in extras.
   * Updated networking protocol, data buffering and behavior to decrease lag and amount of traffic.
   * Visual changes to a lot of parts of the game.
   * Completely redone all NPC ships with better balance, unique quirks and much more variety on all difficulties.
   * Performance and compatibility improvements across different operating systems.
   * Smarter autopilot system.
   * Reworked tooltips for all items in the game.
   * The game now uses documents folder to store saves, logs, mods and other such files on all operating systems for easier access.
   * Improved galaxy generation.
   * Improved AI.
   * Rewrote sprites animation system for weapons.

Fixed:
   * More than a hundred different minor and major bugs were fixed.

=== VoidExpanse v0.15.3 ===
New features:
   * New voice events.
   * "--dedicated" server launch arg
   * Weapon turrets: added adjustment of firing point and turret scale in XML.
   * Russian localization is now available. It isn't finished yet (quests are not localized yet).

Changes:
   * Projectiles now shoot out of the barrel of the weapon with proper visual effects.
   * Mac & Linux server performance improved.
   * Hull collision sparks.
   * Improved launching time VERY significantly.

Fixed:
   * Mining.
   * UPnP port forwarding.
   * Black/White lists.
   * Backend issues.
   * Volume sliders.
   * Max players count in Online Servers list.
   * Multiplayer menu - freezes.
   * Freeze on exit (still may happens on Mac, use Cmd+Option+Escape).
   * Various crashes.
   * MP chat issues.
   * Localization switching.
   * Incorrect crates disappearance.

Excalibur

An excellent patch. Good work Lurler, and team! :D

ai_enabled

The VoidExpanse v0.15.2 is available now!
Fixed issues with mining, startup issues on Mac, localization issues and some other minor fixes.
Enjoy!

Tchey

Excellent work, thank you, i don't play much lately but i don't regret my support to your game and team.
http://jeux1d100.net/blog/

Excalibur

Great job, guys. I'll get to work putting my minions to task on the job. :P

Lurler

New version is now available.

Please see the list of changes for v0.15.3 in the first post.

FlessenGreendart

LMAO! I was not expecting my ship to insult me!

kyokei

what does the --dedicated arg do exactly?

ai_enabled

kyokei, currently nothing, unfortunately, as it is broken in the last build. It is supposed to isolate server from the user Documents folder - and use/store all data in the server folder (I mean Core and Mods folders, ServerSettings.xml and ModsConfig.xml, also whitelist/oplist files).
If you run a server without it, it will work the same way as the singleplayer server. It's easier to validate user mods that way (just launch the server and print "check").

Reaper

Oops my bad, thought you had to update via connection to master server, turns out I had to download a newer version manually...

Game launches but gets a connection error, when connecting to master server.

v0.9.5 Mac