Delay with this update

Started by Lurler, June 16, 2015, 04:11:57 AM

Lurler

I just wanted to let you guys know why we haven't released the update yet.

We were initially planning to release a test build (as an experimental) this Monday but...

Here's what happened:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/324260/discussions/0/615086038662659347/
And specifically this:
QuoteWe were actually going to release the test build this Monday (yesterday, that is). But our producer suddenly fell ill with a severe cold. Since he is a major part of the team we decided to wait until he recovers and is back in the office to release the update. Currently the actual coding is done and we are testing the build. We are also using this time to add some extra polish to the update and our lead dev added some extra things during these two days as well. So, stay tuned!

And that producer guy is me. So, I'm sorry for the delay...
But I asked our guys to wait for me so we can be sure that the update is ready.
I will be back in the office as soon as the fever is down! (this should be within a couple of days)

Anduin1357

Get well soon, don't keep us waiting!

kyokei

Get well Lurler - lemon + hot water before sleeping does wonders.

Ohfive30

Lurler

Thank you guys :)
I'm back in the office today. Not quite fully recovered yet, but it will do :)

And maybe this delay was for the better, after all! We were able to add some more juicy features.

I'm currently working on a teaser trailer and it should be live today in the evening. Don't forget to check our blog!

Edit:
Here it is! https://atomictorch.com/Post/Id1113

kyokei

hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype!!! that looks awesome

Hammish

As someone who ended up in the hospital for illness about a month ago, I feel your pain Lurler. :(

Hope the recovery goes smoothly and quickly!  Can't wait to have a chance to check out the new stuff and update my own accordingly once I'm back in the swing of things. :)

Lurler

Hammish, thank you!

As for the update - don't forget to write your opinion on the new stuff :)

Hammish

Haven't had a chance to check out the hacking yet, but I did snag the new core and took a look at the new models and some of the new tech.  Nice job, with what I've seen thus far!  Also, I feel like I might have helped inspire the Spray ballistic weapons with some of the playing-around I did with weapon effects and timing. ;)

Lurler

To be honest, the spray weapon is based on "Chaos Engine" ("Soldiers of fortune") game for Sega Genesis and specifically one character that has very similar weapon :)
And the tri-bolt one is inspired by some Zanac weapon (from NES).