Asteroids

Started by Hoodsey, April 08, 2015, 05:38:16 PM

Hoodsey

When asteroids are depleted, do you guys have any plans on making them disintegrate and not show on screen?

Silberspeer

Quote from: Hoodsey on April 08, 2015, 05:38:16 PM
When asteroids are depleted, do you guys have any plans on making them disintegrate and not show on screen?

No, because their minerals reserve replenishes over time.

chillis

I would second this idea/request.  Satisfying feeling to clear out a mine field.  Same thing goes for clearing a system of pirates.

Would actually provide a reason to go to a sector without a station to mine too...

Anyone else agree?

MenschMaschine

10 i=0
20 print "Yes"
30 i=i+1
40 if i=1000 goto 60
50 goto 20
60 end

Seriously though, Asteroids should be taken away after being depleted,
that would be more realistic anyways.

I found in a medium asteroid density system 100 asteroids,
-plus- 13 seralucite asteroids.

A breakdown:

5 of them were asteroid_04_ice with an amount of 100 seralucite,
8 of them were asteroid_05_ice with an amount of 200 seralucite,

100 units of seralucite are worth 2000d.
So in one run through that system, i already make 64000d.

The most expensive hull is the aurora with a price of 64000d.
The most expensive weaponsystem is the particle discharge cannon with capacitor at 34000d.
(i am not counting the bfe 1000, as it is not a re-usable system)

So basically, with such a starsystem, i never would have any need to leave it, profitwise.
If i use just 1 mining device at the time, the first asteroid has probably replenished
already at the time i am done with depleting the 13th.

I am very much agreeing with the other posters that the asteroid-situation is dire and
somehow must be fixed. One way could indeed be to destroy the asteroids after they
are depleted, as i am writing this, it comes to my mind though that another way could be
to raise the prices for all hulls and all equipment tenfold.

It seems a bit weird that i can buy the most expensive hull for one run through the system,
depleting all the seralucite-asteroids once.
Anything -less- than seralucite is not worth mining at all anyways,
-especially not- because they all replenish.

I think, 1 or 2 non-minable asteroid-types. sattered about would be a good idea too,
so it does not look -too- empty after all has been mined.
No Berries!

loudent

Quote from: MenschMaschine on April 26, 2015, 08:01:39 PM
So in one run through that system, i already make 64000d.

So I don't want to dismiss what you're saying but if the idea is that it's too easy to get money than trading needs to get fixed first.

Without leaving your faction space you can sometimes earn that in 30 seconds (well, I exaggerate, but not by much).

I think what we need is a better money sink. Something renewable that we need to keep buying. Perhaps fuel needs to be more expensive or something.

I was so flush with money that I just uploaded a new equipment pack with advanced ship equipment with starting prices around 150k and I think the most expense if 300k. that should give you something to work toward :)

MenschMaschine

No offense meant, the topic here is "asteroids" ;)

I wanted to show that replenishable asteroids are not only a reason to not go exploring,
but they also throw off the gamebalance.

However...
Making everything much more expensive might be a quick fix to the problem, yes.
That does -not- fix the problem about the rock01-rock03 asteroids,
which are currently a total waste of time to mine.
No Berries!