Trading

Started by Piwkin, April 27, 2019, 02:00:09 AM

Piwkin

Hello, first of all i didn't yet get to the high end part of the game. But unlocking tier 3 and some of tier 4 tech gave me the understanding how it all works.

There's a commerce tech that allows you properly trade with other players and make coins. But atm I don't see a reason to actualy sell something as coins them self are useless. And what I see ingame that players that have rear resources also dont see a reason to sell them even if the have a lot of them...

This won't change unless coins them self wont have actual value and will be needed by all players. For example if a claim will consume some coins each day then all players will have to find the way to feed their claims by researching coin crafting or by actually trading selling etc... And the more and larger claims you yave the more coins your need. At this point coins will have real value and it will leade to proper trading between players...

Eventually this will lead to ingame economic system that will ingame players develop them self depending on the current situation on the server.

Lurler

I agree with the general idea that you expressed, but I still think coins are quite useful by themselves.
Even cheaper coins could be melted to get copper+iron+steel. Isn't that quite useful in itself? As metals are one of the most commonly used resources in the game.

Formifer

Well, theres plenty of ways to help the economy become necessary, one way im moving in is making ruins contain rare items like weapons that cant be built, therefor a player either has to buy from another player, or find one themselves, if they want it.

you can adopt this easily, but it isnt the only way to increase the need for a economy.

Piwkin

Quote from: Lurler on April 29, 2019, 01:17:33 AM
I agree with the general idea that you expressed, but I still think coins are quite useful by themselves.
Even cheaper coins could be melted to get copper+iron+steel. Isn't that quite useful in itself? As metals are one of the most commonly used resources in the game.

Yeah of course you can do that but in the situation you described is a small problem. To smelt them back to resources you have to learn commerce... without this skill you cannot make coins to trade or to you cannot smelt them.

And on the other side there's a question what will motivate a player to do so ? All that we just described takes a lot of time and effort, when at the end after player build his trade station, after he learned trading skills , after he setup all the thing he might no one might not come to trade with him... will the effort be worth of it to just get some coins that you can smelt back to iron or copper or gold, when you can just go and mine that resource very easy ?

softwarelove

Quote from: Piwkin on April 27, 2019, 02:00:09 AM
Hello, first of all i didn't yet get to the high end part of the game. But unlocking tier 3 and some of tier 4 tech gave me the understanding how it all works.

There's a commerce tech that allows you properly trade with other players and make coins. But atm I don't see a reason to actualy sell something as coins them self are useless. And what I see ingame that players that have rear resources also dont see a reason to sell them even if the have a lot of them...

This won't change unless coins them self wont have actual value and will be needed by all players. For example if a claim will consume some coins each day then all players will have to find the way to feed their claims by researching coin crafting or by actually trading selling etc... And the more and larger claims you yave the more coins your need. At this point coins will have real value and it will leade to proper trading between players...

Eventually this will lead to ingame economic system that will ingame players develop them self depending on the current situation on the server.

Do you work in the Tax Administration Agency in the real world?