Killers should be named

Started by Saceur, May 28, 2018, 10:13:21 AM

Saceur

Hello,

first of all I enjoyed playing the game and did not encounter any bugs so far.  :)
Neverless I suggest to name a killer and thief. During the time I was offline I was killed and robbed >:(. This may be part of the game and of course it takes a real hero to kill and rob an offline player, but maybe it would be more thrilling, if the renegade is named. Of course I would prefer to be save while I am logged off, but I understand this could be difficult as well.

Best greetings
Saceur

Lurler

Well, griefing and raiding is part of multiplayer experience :)

But there will be several changes in one of the future versions to address this concern:
- you will be able to build defense turrets to protect your base from attackers when you are offline
- there will be higher tiers of walls to make your base even more defensible
- raiding will only be viable with explosives (which we will also add later), so raiders will leave new players alone and only focus on advanced players who can defend themselves, as only they will have valuable loot and raiding newbies would be just a waste of time for attackers
- we will also launch purely PVE servers where PK and raiding will be disabled

Bottom line is - don't worry. We are aware of the issue and we will make all the necessary changes to make the game interesting for everyone! :)

Tin

For this reason I stopped playing.
Waiting for the appearance of a single game or PVE.

EvilMammoth

Quote from: Saceur on May 28, 2018, 10:13:21 AM
Neverless I suggest to name a killer and thief. During the time I was offline I was killed and robbed >:(. This may be part of the game

Yes, you are right - this is the part of the game.

Quote...
and of course it takes a real hero to kill and rob an offline player, ...

No it is not like being a real hero, it is just like playing survival game, where killing, robing, thiefing, raiding, destroying, prevailing is the part of the game, dame as building, dfending, farming, scavanging and raising your own power.

Quotebut maybe it would be more thrilling, if the renegade is named.

No, it will not be thrilling. It will be just unfair to that player, who prevaled over you (read - won), and the only point of that "naming" will be to amuse you, who loosed. This player did his action, using game rules, he was not cheating or braking any gameplay. He played his role wich game lets him to take. Why he should be punished becouse you was too lasy to defend yourself?
No, this was not me, who killed and robed you. But I used to kill and rob in this game. I worked hard for it - to brake 2 rows of stone walls you have to mine lot of iron and craft over 26 iron maces. Then you will need to brake in - it is a lot of time and work too.
But also I worked hard ti defend my self - to set really good walls and high level land claimers. I was researching construction technologys and mining a LOT of clay,sand and rock, to build many rows of wall and iron doors.
So - I did a lot to "win" and prevale. I defended my self. Aand also I did a lot to be able to brake other player's defenses. So WHY I should be punished for that, if this is just a part of the game, as you sad it yourself? If you are not good at PVP - play PVE.

QuoteOf course I would prefer to be save while I am logged off, but I understand this could be difficult as well.

This is not "dificult". This is just not PVE game, where you can save. Imagine that you are under atack in your house. And you are just logging off to "save" yourself. How fair it will be to the atackers?

All I want to say is : you are missing the point of the game. So just wait gor easy mode and play PVE when it is out. But now it is Alfa test, where we all testing all aspcts of the game.
[/quote]
Дует ветер, падает снег, по застывшей реке бредет человек.
Следом погоня, но тонок лед: вряд ли догонят, вряд ли дойдет

EvilMammoth

Quote from: Tin on June 08, 2018, 05:11:04 AM
For this reason I stopped playing.
Waiting for the appearance of a single game or PVE.

I understand those, who want PVE servers to play. Some times in some games I prefer PVE too. But... How you will get Oil and Lithium in this game then on PVE server, if someone other will claim it first? There are only 3 oil and 3 lithium spots on the map. And this is endgame resources. Oil - is the most needed resource. So if you will not be able to brake walls and reclaim Oil spot, and then defend it - how you will play and plan to win? Trading? I would say that if I had oil spot in such PVE game - I would be a King, becouse all players will chop trees and mine ore for me all day long, for a few canistras of mineral oil and gasoline. That would be not interesting nor for me either for others.

"Be careful what you wish for, lest it come true" (c)
Дует ветер, падает снег, по застывшей реке бредет человек.
Следом погоня, но тонок лед: вряд ли догонят, вряд ли дойдет