This is one of my dream games!

Started by Daehawk, March 11, 2015, 11:27:13 PM

Daehawk

What can I do wit ha small alien relic? Its grey and not worth a lot to sell. Should I keep it for some reason yet to be found?
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

WelshPixie

Yeah, keep it. It'll come in handy. :)

Lurler

Quote from: Daehawk on March 19, 2015, 12:32:48 PM
Im trying to install a new mining device but it says in red text on it Asteroid mining ability. I dont see that in any of my skills so I cant add it or raise it up. Am I just missing something? I already can mine asteroids so what does this device do or do better and how do i get asteroid mining?

EDIT: Wait...is there something wrong with me or what am I missing? I bought a freighter because it holds more. But it comes with 2 guns slots and it says I dont have a gun skill. Looking in my combat skills..and the rest...I see nowhere to put a point into guns so I can arm my ship. Why am I missing so many skills I need?

EDIT2: I found it...but it was listed as medium ballistic weapons. I didn't see a light one to start me with. Guess I got that automatically. Still not seeing how to point up and use a better mining module.

There are mining skills on the engineering page.

RavenFellBlade

Daehawk: If you are considering concentrating on mining, I recommend you start a game as a prospector, since you'll start with much of the mining tree already filled in for you. Once you've gotten a decent mining rig, you'll want to move on to a system with reasonably high tech level (50+ in my experience) to find one that sells an industrial mining laser. If you are using the Endeavour hull, you'll have two equip slots, so you can actually equip two mining lasers. I find this to be pretty useful, for quickly strip-mining asteroids, but it does require some pretty beefy generators to power for any length of time. Mining skills are found in the engineering tree of your skills page, on the far left. Also... you'll want to upgrade your hull license at lvl 15 so that you can pilot a Stingray Mk2, which is a frighteningly beefed-up Endeavor-like mining/engineering Light Cruiser with 650 cargo. She's a nice little beastie :)

EDIT: I incorrectly identified the Stingray Mk2 as a "Scarab". I'm an idiot. Fixed my idiocy.
The funny thing about space is that there's actually quite a lot of it.