Should Atomic Torch Studio have a publicly facing project roadmap?

Started by Fugue, April 10, 2015, 08:33:36 AM

Should Atomic Torch Studio have a publicly facing game roadmap?

Yes
11 (68.8%)
No
4 (25%)
I don't care
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: May 08, 2015, 08:33:36 AM

Fugue

So reading through the suggestions forums and other various topics often the wonderful developers say they have plans down the line or really quickly in the next couple releases. It would be great if we could see what those plans are. I know VoidExpanse is not an open source project and the developers don't have any obligation to do such a thing. It would be a way to avoid duplicate suggestions, since previous suggestions could be listed on there. It would allow for us to see what is currently in-progress and what is planned for the future.

Here is an example Trello board for an open source project called Sonarr: https://trello.com/b/MadvFKy4/sonarr

Please cast a vote and respond with some feedback!

jeeplaw

That's a fantastic idea. I don't want to go down the mod development path of recreating drones and point defense systems if the actual devs are doing it concurrently.

Lurler

It's not that simple.

Plans change based on how some things turn out to be in the game or if we learn that implementing a certain feature would take too much time (in which case it is pushed back).

We have general list of things we want to have.

Aside from that - just follow our blog and we will let you guys know any major things we are working on! :)

smokingmedic

I'll just hop on that thread and ask a slightly related question: Are you planning to expand/change the main quests any time soon?

I thought about making a chapter in between being recruited and fighting the aliens, mostly about pirates and ressources. But that would only make sense if nothing too fundamental is going to change.

Lurler

As I always answer - it all depends on the sales. If the game can pay for a lengthy further development we are more than happy to expand on everything. So far it doesn't look too good, however.

jjs026

Quote from: Lurler on April 13, 2015, 07:35:49 PM
As I always answer - it all depends on the sales. If the game can pay for a lengthy further development we are more than happy to expand on everything. So far it doesn't look too good, however.

It's all about word of mouth right now. I got 2 of my friends into this game. That's 3 sales out of 1 person. I think you should address the complaints in the most viewed reviews on Steam right now, and get something going by way of a special ship for friend references....like a social reward for helping yalls growth. That's something really small that you can do to see a boost.

And when you guys push out the GUI for the server setup, you gotta get advertising on steam HARD that it's CO-OP. Most people right now can't set that stuff up, and it's cramping yall hard.

kyokei

Setting up a server is really so damn easy even in Linux. Its a heck of alot easier than other ganes i've seen.

What issues did you have?

jjs026

Quote from: kyokei on April 14, 2015, 07:53:14 AM
Setting up a server is really so damn easy even in Linux. Its a heck of alot easier than other ganes i've seen.

What issues did you have?

I didn't have any issues. But the casual gamer isn't even going to attempt that because its not readily apparent, just like they're not going to come on these forums either.

sandbags

Quote from: Lurler on April 13, 2015, 07:35:49 PM

That's disappointing. Can you share anything about how far from your expectations you are? Steam seems to be a very big market and space sims have a decent history, any clues as to what is holding you back?

m/