Author Topic: First run report  (Read 251 times)

FlessenGreendart

• View Profile
First run report
« on: June 26, 2017, 04:21:44 am »
So, I've had a bit of  a play, I'm enjoying it so far.
Seems like you've toughened up the mobs, and upped their quantity, so a few false starts  :P

My observations so far:

I died, I clicked respawn and nothing happened - had to log out and back in. only happened a couple of times, but a nuisance, obviously.

So far the customisation is good, and I'm guessing it's still being worked on, but I would like to request hair & skin colours.

when leaving server & rejoining the map discovery (or FOW) is reset.

I got into a rough fight with a boar, and had to run away. I took cover in my pathetically tiny hut, and got killed through my wall... perhaps a shorter attack range?

After said boar attack, I respawned in my bed and couldn't interact with anything, whether it was picking up my dropped items, looting a crate or harvesting berries.
The left click to attack seemed to work.

Joining a server you are already on crashes the game, and throws an error message at you.

Here are my logs from today:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/terxss2y0prm5ci/AACV955LxjYDG4k2Cc7DxPqKa?dl=0

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
Re: First run report
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:44:13 am »
Thank you! The issues reported here are added into this list: http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=957.0

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 04:28:35 am »
Thanks for your feedback, Flessen!
I've investigated all the issues. The boar attack through the wall and problems with interacting after respawn are caused by a single issue, but I was unable to locate the exact reason - very likely it was caused by a network lag.

Regarding the crash on reconnection - it's very random issue and related to NoesisGUI. I would like to report this issue to their bugtracker, but for than I need the crash dump. The crash dumps are saved into %LocalAppData%\crashdumps  Could you upload it please?

A new build was just uploaded with some fixes, thought I'm not sure if the issue with respawn is completely resolved - it was related to the player state network replication and this part of code was rewritten to improve reliability, the issue seems to be resolved, but we didn't had time to test it thoroughly.

Regards!

FlessenGreendart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 09:01:26 am »
Awesome, thanks for the update!

I checked that directory, and the only dumps I have are from 2016, and a completely different game...
I've just replicated the issue, and attached a screenshot, as well as the latest log file in the dropbox link above.

MenschMaschine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 09:49:20 am »
Apologies for barging in here...

Flessen wrote: "Joining a server you are already on crashes the game, and throws an error message at you."

Confirmed! With the precise same errormessage.
The Server obviously is unaware of your presence, gosh, i feel so worthless now °sob°
No Berries!

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 09:48:22 pm »
Yes, now I'm able to 100% reproduce the crash. Will investigate and report it to NoesisGUI for patching.

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 10:41:11 am »
The crash was related to how we re-initialize NoesisGUI on reconnecting to the server (some UI objects were leaking and accessing them crashed the game with Memory Access Violation). It was resolved in the latest update v0.9.7.