Author Topic: Second run report  (Read 203 times)

FlessenGreendart

• View Profile
Second run report
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:00:56 pm »
I've had some more time with it tonight, and I have to say, I'm impressed at how few problems I've encountered.

Either way, here's what I found:

Since the update, the boar can no longer kill me through the walls of my (somewhat more impressive) house; however, I can attack boar through the wall.
I've not tested it as much as MenschMaschine, has, but I can verify.

It's not possible to build wooden floors under already placed bedrolls, workstations, etc; and you can't destroy bedrolls or floor tiles either.

With a UK Keyboard layout, the apostrophe symbol brings up the console which can be awkward when typing...

A strange one-off occurrence:
I had 248 wooden planks in my chest, moved them to my inventory, and the quantity dropped to 40, the other 208 nowhere to be seen. I Right clicked the stack, and the quantity changed back to 248, right clicked again, and the amount halved, but the stack didn't split into my "hand". Further right clicking halved the quantity again, and again.
I logged back into the game at a later point, and the missing wooden planks reappeared in my inventory.

With regards to connection stability, I played for a few hours, and found no major performance drops, with an average ping of 104-106ms.

One thing I would like to see: notifications when Hunger/thirst drop too low. Didn't realise I needed food until I noticed my health dropping xD

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Second run report
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 07:36:44 am »
Thank you for your feedback, Flessen!

We just uploaded an update
http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=952.msg6011#msg6011

Some of the reported issues are fixed, but there are still some issues I need to comment:

With a UK Keyboard layout, the apostrophe symbol brings up the console which can be awkward when typing...
We will address this issue when will refactor the input system in the future versions.

One thing I would like to see: notifications when Hunger/thirst drop too low.
We want to implement a special "status effects" bar for such notifications. Perhaps it will work similar to how it's done in VoidExpanse ("low fuel").

I can attack boar through the wall.
Current implementation of damage system requires refactoring to fix this and some other similar issues. We will address it in the next alpha test.

Destroying floors and bedrolls will be done in the next alpha test.

Other issues should be already resolved!

I'm glad you're impressed with the game. Thanks for trying it! Your feedback is always appreciated!

Regards!