Fast Travel

Started by Rokhan, June 18, 2019, 05:44:13 AM

Rokhan

Would love feedback on this idea as it was the #1 issue my family experienced playing the game.

There needs to be some fast travel option as part of the map.

We have invested hundreds of hours as a team on games like Don't Starve together, and the one major missing piece to make this game one of the best we have played is this travel issue. I get that it would create PvP nightmares, so maybe its a PvE only feature?

Lurler

We will have vehicles in the game eventually. We are also exploring other ideas to allow travel across the map, including teleportation.

boogis

Quote from: Lurler on June 18, 2019, 05:58:43 AM
We will have vehicles in the game eventually. We are also exploring other ideas to allow travel across the map, including teleportation.

personally, I'm not a big fan of teleports besides on such a small map you don't even need it. but I can see that in some cases you might need them to teleport from one base to another, but how u expect to justify teleport??? you cant make teleport out of crap and sticks on a workbench, can you? there must be some premise so that people won't be able to make teleports all over the place, maybe like i have already suggested you can make a difficult raid on alien base whereas loot you can get teleport sample, and only limited number. maybe only one or two ports. so people could have only one teleport from base 1 to base 2 and maybe to base 3 as well, not more than that,  it should be quite rare and guild only will be able to get it, cos i know how its all starts. first, they ask you for teleport then they ask you flying mount then they want to be a king of the world. life is to suffer and survival games are all about it. 
its a little map of why you crying? when i played solo i used to run from the very bottom of the jungle all the way up to the north to get coal and i felt like an adventure it was so fun i was preparing this trip for long, got ammo and guns food and water. why you guys can't just enjoy game why you keep crying for an easy life? i can't understand you

ShadowAngel

Quote from: boogis on July 07, 2019, 08:40:32 PM
personally, I'm not a big fan of teleports besides on such a small map you don't even need it. but I can see that in some cases you might need them to teleport from one base to another, but how u expect to justify teleport??? you cant make teleport out of crap and sticks on a workbench, can you? there must be some premise so that people won't be able to make teleports all over the place, maybe like i have already suggested you can make a difficult raid on alien base whereas loot you can get teleport sample, and only limited number. maybe only one or two ports. so people could have only one teleport from base 1 to base 2 and maybe to base 3 as well, not more than that,  it should be quite rare and guild only will be able to get it, cos i know how its all starts. first, they ask you for teleport then they ask you flying mount then they want to be a king of the world. life is to suffer and survival games are all about it. 
its a little map of why you crying? when i played solo i used to run from the very bottom of the jungle all the way up to the north to get coal and i felt like an adventure it was so fun i was preparing this trip for long, got ammo and guns food and water. why you guys can't just enjoy game why you keep crying for an easy life? i can't understand you
1) Teleport if its ever in game will be in T4 right beside laser guns and space suits.
2) ITS A GAME! If you want something like real life - go camping.
3) I had to move my base from one side of map to other. You know how much time it takes to get from tropical to desert? 7 minutes in one way. That is 14 minutes one trip. And moving took around 15 trips. That is 14*15 / 60 = 3.5 hour of mindless ruining. You think i was having fun for that time? This game badly need some kind of fast travel and teleport's if constrained to base would be best option.