Linux native and wine problems

Started by Meateater, April 03, 2015, 08:19:23 AM

Meateater

Hi,

I purchased VoidExpanse on steam, but I am unable to actually play the game. I tried launching it natively on steam first, but only the splash screen shows up before the game crashes. I am on Archlinux and I have the 32-bit compatibility libraries and the newest intel integrated graphics drivers.

I then tried running the game in wine. Here I am able to get past the splash screen, but when I hit the main menu I get a message about the steam client not running and it tells me to restart the game from the steam client, even though the game was started from the steam client already.

ai_enabled

Hello!
Unfortunately currently the game is supporting only Ubuntu and Fedora Linux with NVIDIA/AMD GPUs and proprietary drivers (as stated in the game requirements on Steam). We're working on compatibility with Intel GPUs.

Usually the game crashing on launch in Linux by a few reasons:
1. not installed 32-bit compatibility package (in case you're using 64-bit Linux);
2. using non-proprietary GPU driver / Intel GPU (hope we can fix it soon);
3. some libraries are missing.

To determine what libraries are missing please execute:
ldd ./VoidExpanse
and
ldd /VoidExpanse_Data/Plugins/x86/libNoesis.so
and
ldd /VoidExpanse_Data/Plugins/x86/libsteam_api.so
Then you can install the missing libraries.

Regards!

Meateater

I know it is not supported on arch, no steam games are, but they can usually be made to run anyway ;) Thanks for responding anyway though.

I don't see any missing libraries. I will wait until the gpu driver fix is released.

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Meateater, thanks for feedback! Yes, we're working on the Intel GPU's fix and on the 64-bit game build for Linux.
Regards!