Large Trading Station Icons disappear from view when nearby

Started by Ultum, May 02, 2020, 12:49:43 PM

Ultum

Have seen a few times, where I come back to my Large Trading Station and the icons (for the sale items) are missing if I'm standing nearby.

Tried to attach a screenshot, running Windows 10, NVIDIA GTX 970

Opening and closing the Large Trading Station fixes the problem.

ai_enabled

Hello!

Thanks for reporting! We will investigate and fix it.
Please let us know how often does it happen.
Does it happen for every trading station you see in the world?
Does it happen when you go away from it and return soon?
Does it happen when you come closer but when you were relatively far the icons displayed as they should?

Regards!

Ultum

Hello and thank you for your reply.

1. It appears to only happen on mine, but I'm not getting around enough to see others too often
2. I believe it's when I'm even at my base, but far enough that it is out of the draw distance or view on the screen.
3. It's when I've returned to it, from being away.  I've never seen them disappear in front of me when the trading station is in view.

I hope these and the screenshot help.  I've also saved and revised all of the prices that I have, not sure if that affected the items or not.

ai_enabled

I'm curious how often this issue happens to you...is it rare?

Ultum

It was very common at first, and then I changed around some of what I'm selling and now I'm not seeing it any more.  If I see it again, I will let you know.

Edit:
I was able to reproduce.  I modified an existing item, changing it to something else.  When I did that, it appears to have blotted out either the "previous" item that was for sale, or the first item in the list, and because I only modified one item (I changed both the item and the price) perhaps it only blanked out the icon of the one item.

ai_enabled

Thank you for elaborating!
It looks like the item icon was not loaded properly when generating the new shop texture (the whole display is a single texture displaying all the lots and prices). I have a guess what might cause it but we will need to wait a bit as this feature depends on the UI library that is going to be updated soon and bring several fixes that might affect this issue as well.

Regards!

Ultum

You are welcome and thank you again for your reply and for keeping with this!