[EU][kG]kunix.org -PVE- / community server

Started by kyokei, May 31, 2014, 08:57:35 AM

ai_enabled

Thanks for updating!
How the performance now?
It seems that the new "dedicated" feature is broken. Will fix in the next release.

kyokei

mmmm not as good as that turbo build you gave me.
mem is now at 355 and will now I think stabilize at around 430 and cpu is 8% idle instead of the 3-5%

In the turbo build the ram stabilized at 380 and cpu at 3-5% idle

ai_enabled

I see... yes, is not so turbo, as some optimizations may involve instability. We will implement them in the next build after further testing.
About memory usage - it seems to be too high. Normally it should be around 200 Mb if you create a new world or ~170Mb if you load a savegame. What version of Linux do you have?

kyokei

Running Ubuntu server 14.04
The ram is fine, I am more worried about the CPU if the server ever gets popular.

kyokei

Running at 534 mb ram and 10% cpu idle

ai_enabled

Try console command "debug_gc" in server console please - what it will print?
The high CPU usage will be solved with the next release. Hope we can decrease the memory usage also.

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on December 29, 2014, 08:41:32 PM
Try console command "debug_gc" in server console please - what it will print?
The high CPU usage will be solved with the next release. Hope we can decrease the memory usage also.

[IMP] Garbage collection completed: 440.00 MB -> 376.00 MB

That's fine :) just reporting what I see. 500 mb ram is still ok, unsure how it is with a full server but for now it's fine

kyokei

Server updated to 0.16.0.   Savegame has been wiped.

kyokei

Forum has been created at http://social.kunix.org/

kyokei

Updated to experimental 1.0 - savegame wiped.

@someone, can you check if you can see the server? I think my router is being silly again and not forwarding the port again

ai_enabled

Thanks for updating! Yes, it's displayed in the Public servers list.

kyokei

Updated to 1.0.1
@AI - I do see that the CPU usage has increased again a bit since the 1.0, it's now between 4-6% idle... Not that it really matters though -  just a fyi

ai_enabled

That's strange - we didn't do any changes which can affect idle mode. Will check on Linux & Mac soon.

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on January 30, 2015, 03:25:03 AM
That's strange - we didn't do any changes which can affect idle mode. Will check on Linux & Mac soon.
Running at 584 mb ram and 5-7% cpu on idle... I saw that you removed some debug code... maybe something in there was useful? :P
*adding info* today the cpu is the same, ram is now 634. If you need any logs or so let me know

ai_enabled

Yes, please send me the logs in private, I will look on it.
About memory usage - I still haven't not found a way to do it on Linux, but on Windows you just need to use the 32-bit Mono, so the game will run in 32-bit environment and use 50% less memory than in 64-bit... Now the only way to use 32-bit Mono on Linux is to use 32-bit Linux I think...