Poll: How many of you bought this game because of Scott Manley?

Started by RavenFellBlade, March 30, 2015, 09:34:14 PM

Did you purchase VoidExpanse because of Scott Manley's YouTube review?

Yes, I did. Fly safe!
1 (5%)
I saw his video, but had already bought the game.
2 (10%)
I saw his video, but it didn't influence my purchase decision.
0 (0%)
I bought the game after viewing a different person's YouTube/Let's Play.
4 (20%)
Scott Who?
13 (65%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: May 14, 2015, 09:34:14 PM

RavenFellBlade

So it occurs to me that Scott Manley is a hugely popular YouTube personality, and there tend to be spikes in the popularity of games that he reviews. I can also attest to the fact that I have bought nearly all of the games that he has reviewed favorably, including VoidExpanse. So, curiosity has led me to research the "Manley Effect", to see just how many of VoidExpanse's devotees found their way here by way of Scott Manley. Has Mr. Manley helped you discover this, or any other, amazing games that you may have never otherwise discovered? Share here!
The funny thing about space is that there's actually quite a lot of it.

Lurler

Well, to be honest his review was made more than a year ago and from what I can tell, he didn't like that version of the game that much :)
I really hope he can review the new version, because the version he played back then wasn't even a proper "alpha version", it was just an early prototype.

RavenFellBlade

We'll just have to convince him to revisit the have the game. He wasn't overwhelmingly positive, but I don't recall him being negative, either. I suppose I was more sold on the gameplay footage. Regardless, I never would have found VoidExpanse  of not for his video. I'll see if he can be convinced to revisit for the Steam launch.
The funny thing about space is that there's actually quite a lot of it.

SonnySynth

Personally I found interest in the game from 'YKYMrFalcon', he has nothing but love for the game and I find his judgement absolutely bang on for many of the titles he plays.

I'd recommend that anyone who hasn't bought the game yet to check his channel out, he has a LP running at the moment which showcases VE really well.
When we pass from this life into the next, we are not judged on what we have gained, instead by the difference we made.

James009

I know who Scott is but I can't say I'm a huge YouTube Lets Play watcher. I kinda just discovered this game by accident thanks to STEAM's recommendations. Ironically, I sold my buddy on it and he'd never heard of it despite religiously watching Scott Manly videos, lol.