Kinda loss, discovering the game wondering what to do

Started by Eyedoll, April 03, 2015, 01:09:42 AM

Eyedoll

Heya guys.

I'am used to play with my mate at game. We always play on coop. We found this game on steam yesterday.
We had so far a blast, we played like 12 hours in a row.
The start was pretty easy to understand, choose a faction ---> Complete the quest to be recruted.
After this was done, we tried some mining and mined for like 4 hours in a row. It was really fun, remembered me of eve online where I was mining and he was protecting me. I gave him half of the stuff after each run, and we managed to get lot of money, our lvl 35 and headed to buy 2 new ship (Orca for me and Stingray 2 for him).

But now we are loss, we don't know what to do. There is no quest at all, and even if i'am pretty sure we should do something to help on the Red color on the map, I don't know how to influence that.
We headed to many station asking for job but they didn't help at all.

I know this is a sandbox game, but it must be something else to do no ?
What should we doing now ?

Thanks for your help !

loudent

After you complete the quest to be recruited you can talk to the faction leader on the capitol station (should have said as such. something like giving you access to the bridge). When you talk to him, hey gives you more missions. Not sure how many since I'm still working through the game.

Eyedoll

Thanks for your help.
We already complete the quest that ask us to be lvl 10 and impress 4 guys.
We are part of freedom now, but I can't manage to get another quest beside this quest line, and I can't manage to find anyone that would continue this quest on capitol system .. :(

Strmy

you have to get to the leader or you can skip it.. If you are lucky and you find one pirate (i dunno his name) he will tell you that he know how to get to the red zone.. he will ask you to get him some power source.

If you talk to the leader of your faction first he will eventualy send you to the pirate.

Eyedoll

I'am kinda loss guys, there is no leader for Freedom. The only one that looks like a leader is the guy that recruit me to freedom side, and this guy, at capitol, don't give me any quest at all.

askew1

I don't think you'll get any faction quests in MP after you've joined a faction. Read this thread:

http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=531

Eyedoll

Okay well ... I'am a bit disapointed .. :(
It was worth the money for sure that was the best 12 hour we had since a long time with my mate, but that will probably be it if there is nothing else to do, or any goal to reach.

Thank you for your help :)

Strmy

If you will be patient i thing people will start adding more stuff , quest etc.

Eyedoll

Yeah of course, we may come back a some point into the game, I can definitly see some potential, i'am just disapointed on the multiplayer. That could have been great to at least have the option to do the campaign in multiplayer when you create the server. That would make the game in coop very fun to play (I mean, we literally played 12 hour the whole night on the game without sleeping).
We goes from "this game is awesome" to "meh.. let's search another one on steam".

There is a bit to much of those on steam atm. At least Shadowrun Chronicles, with only few mission, was taggued as Alpha test. I expected Voidexpanse to be finished :(

Lurler

Just to clarify - if you are playing in MP you can search for the Barrich guy who will give you a special device to get access to the alien space, where you can wreck some havoc.

Strmy

SO is it as i said you have to be lucky to find this old pirate bro :-D

Lurler

Quote from: Strmy on April 03, 2015, 04:16:15 AM
SO is it as i said you have to be lucky to find this old pirate bro :-D
Exactly!
And he IS a pirate :)