Business Suggestion - Overhaul Mod - You Rock AtomicTorch!

Started by spainion, April 04, 2015, 04:26:21 PM

spainion

Hey I would like to start-off by introducing myself to the community. I am a huge supporter of Indie games, this really game stands out from the rest.

To be honest, why does this game lack the popularity it deserves?

This goes to the entire development team, it's just my opinion as a business person.

I was pretty skeptical but I bought the game because it was multi-player and I was very bored.

The trailer is brutal you do not highlight the best parts about the game in its current state. You are really bored by the time you get to see the class screen 33 seconds in. I think they're are many ways you could improve this presentation:
Customization First (Stats, Skills, Items, Ship Types)
Combat (Wide Array of Weapon Types & Some Large Battles)
Massive Multiplayer Servers
High Modifiable

Your website is very old-school, it does not give a good impression of your space shooter. Polished into a modern site I feel your sales would likely increase four-fold.

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am to begin my total overhaul mod. I have mod mods for many other games but I've never been so passionate about it.

We need, more ores, more tools, more weapons, more ships, more bases, more missions! From what I can tell most of this can be achieved via mods.

Before I get started, can you run a modded server?

Edit: Indeed you can, two ships completed.

James009

I'd love to see a total overhaul mod. Can't wait to see it!

But about the trailer and website, I kinda disagree. Frankly, I feel the website is fairly decent and I'm not sure how it could be improved. But regarding the trailer, sure. However, how do you even successfully market a trailer for a game like this compared to something like Star Citizen, it will just not get the attention it deserves.

This game needs a huge word of mouth campaign via STEAM and social media. The forums needs to be overhauled and more encouraged to use it. More mods released to get more people active on the STEAM Workshop. More screenshots uploaded, more positive reviews, ect. Then this game needs to garner more attention from the games journalists and magazines (that's the hard part, I'm sure).

Honestly, I feel that getting the game out there has to be one of the most difficult aspects of game development but it is REALLY important. That being said, looks like you guys are off to a good start with all the Lets Plays and such. Nice work!