My suggestions (all in one place - guns, food, building and other)

Started by EvilMammoth, June 12, 2018, 07:53:21 AM

EvilMammoth

Hello Devs and players!

I will try to express here all my thoughts about the game in it's state and bring up some of my suugestions about all it's aspects. I'm not good in English so ,please, forgive me for some possible mess. Thank you!

So I start:

1) "Guns&Roses"

-Once more : for the moment Luger is only one ranged weapon of choice. It is extremely cheap to produce and it use cheap 8mm  ammo (almost only raw materials needed to produce). And it brings up best cost/damage results. It is 4-6 shots needed to make pig or wolf run away and finish em with mace.
-Same time 10 mm hand gun shows same results - 4-5 hits for wolf and pig. But cost of ammo are EXTREMELY high. I used to try all ammo - piercing, hollow and normal - all are bad in same way. Big price with no result.
-Same goes submachine gun. Low damage with with high fire rate. But  there is no any need in this high fire rate - fire rate of pistoles are fast enough to deal with any monster for the moment. May be it will take use in PVP, but then it will be very short PVP firefights since there is not any way do dodge, cover or use any other battle tactic.
-Now separately about piercing ammo - it doesn't work at all. Same number of hits needed with piercing ammo, normal and hollow. So...why pay more?
-And separately about musket and flintlock weapons: there should be much bigger delay in learning this guns and offence2 weapons, because it takes short time between learning musket and 8mm/10mm guns. So there is no need in crafting those relict weapons. Because very soon player goes in better weapons.
-about 12 mm guns - buff it a lot or remove it. I crafted military shot gun and very VERY expensive 12 mm ammo and it takes 5 shots to kill a wolf! Same as Luger do.

-Crafting nitrocellulose powder is too complex at my feelings.  Using intermediate materials, which has no any other use.
- What is the point of revolver gun, if only 20 skill points later I get better Luger gun? Who ever will craft it and what for? Give any kind of use for it - give cheap ammo or 4 times higher durability or something.

2) Food

- make roasting meat faster. It is fast to roast in real life - it takes 6-10 minutes to cook well done steak for me. I agree with long boiling berry jam, but simple roasted meat should be cooked in a moment. It will not brake any gameplay.
- Why meat in drying cabinet is drying 1 after 1 ?  It should be cooking in stacks! Long, but in big amounts at same time. For the moment when I put 10 slices of meat in drying cabinet - I will have some of them spoiled before all are cooked! How could that be? When meat is placed for drying - it starts drying all at once, not 1 after 1. And no meat will be spoiled if it was places there. If game mechanic don't let you make meat salting in stacks - make drying cabinet have properties of fridge, where meat will not spoil.
- We need better ways of preserving food. Freezer in addition to fridge or something. Because only thing we can keep in fridge for some  reasonable time is berry jam and salted meat. Roasted meat spoils in fridge just in 1 real time day, what means that preserving meat becomes pointless. And in real life - we don;t have to place jam and salted meat in fridge to preserve it longer. Jam as any other canned food should not spoil for much longer even without fridge.
So freezing fresh meat, mushrooms berries in freezing machine can be one the ways to preserve food for longer. Never wanted to start farming, because only interesting food to produce, such as stew, is costs a lot, but can not be preserved for few game sessions (2-3 real time days).
- Canned food. I wish there could be the way to craft canned food. Let it cost a lot (salt, iron, spices  and other) but let us cook it. For long preservation (really long! Well canned meat can be kept for 5-10 years).

- Yes, as player I am ready to pay time for cooking and preserving food. But I want it to have a point, I want to be sure that it will not spoil until my next game session. Otherwise I will eat raw meat and berries, cooks most simple receipts and forget about farming.
Дует ветер, падает снег, по застывшей реке бредет человек.
Следом погоня, но тонок лед: вряд ли догонят, вряд ли дойдет

Lurler

I think it would have been better if you posted these two things in separate topics. But oh, well.
Oh, and also you english is perfectly good, don't worry.

I will try to give a detailed reply and reasoning for things as well as our plan.

Quote from: EvilMammoth on June 12, 2018, 07:53:21 AM
for the moment Luger is only one ranged weapon of choice. It is extremely cheap to produce and it use cheap 8mm  ammo (almost only raw materials needed to produce). And it brings up best cost/damage results. It is 4-6 shots needed to make pig or wolf run away and finish em with mace.
What is the point of revolver gun, if only 20 skill points later I get better Luger gun? Who ever will craft it and what for? Give any kind of use for it - give cheap ammo or 4 times higher durability or something.
I wouldn't ignore revolver. They are two different weapons and each has it's benefits.
But after reviewing them again I must agree that revolver needs a bit of a buff right now. It has higher damage than luger, but because luger has much higher ammo capacity you would typically go for that. So I adjusted them go make their benefits more pronounced.

Same time 10 mm hand gun shows same results - 4-5 hits for wolf and pig. But cost of ammo are EXTREMELY high. I used to try all ammo - piercing, hollow and normal - all are bad in same way. Big price with no result.
That's not quite right. 10mm ammo is much more powerful than 8mm here. Especially if you attack other players. You would have no chance with a 8mm gun against another player with 10mm gun. Not to mention automatic weapon. 8mm ammo quickly loses power even against lightly armored targets, while 10mm can easily punch through some light armor.

Now separately about piercing ammo - it doesn't work at all. Same number of hits needed with piercing ammo, normal and hollow. So...why pay more?
On the contrary, it works perfectly well! But you shouldn't be using it on wild boars and wolves :)
It is strictly against heavily armored targets, for example another player in an assault armor. It ignores substantial chunk of the armor and goes right through.
Just to give an example.
Against unarmored target:
8mm - 18
10mm standard - 20
10mm hollow point - 25.2
10mm armor piercing - 15

Against well armored target:
8mm - 3.9 (quite useless)
10mm standard - 5.5
10mm hollow point - 4.1
10mm armor piercing - 8.1

As you can see hollow point rounds do best against non armored biological targets (precisely their indented use), while armor piercing rounds do best against heavily armored targets.

And separately about musket and flintlock weapons: there should be much bigger delay in learning this guns and offence2 weapons, because it takes short time between learning musket and 8mm/10mm guns. So there is no need in crafting those relict weapons. Because very soon player goes in better weapons.
Yes, we are aware of that. But we haven't added all weapon technologies yet, so just to make early tech groups have at least something to learn we added all the weapons there together.
Once we add other weapon technologies such as explosives and primitive weapons (bows, crossbows) we will move other firearms to much higher tiers so you will have clear progression.

-about 12 mm guns - buff it a lot or remove it. I crafted military shot gun and very VERY expensive 12 mm ammo and it takes 5 shots to kill a wolf! Same as Luger do.
Frankly, I quite enjoy using them. But I think you are right. I adjusted the balance of both types of ammo and it should be more in line with the price to craft that ammo.
Pellets now have much higher damage, but as soon as you put any armor on they just bounce off without doing any damage, while slugs are completely the opposite - they don't have the raw damage of pellets, but they are still very good even against armored targets.

- We need better ways of preserving food. Freezer in addition to fridge or something.
I agree. We will most likely add freezer later, but we really need to finish electricity system first as even fridges are actually intended to be using that.

Canned food. I wish there could be the way to craft canned food. Let it cost a lot (salt, iron, spices  and other) but let us cook it. For long preservation (really long! Well canned meat can be kept for 5-10 years).
This is something I'm considering as well.

Yes, as player I am ready to pay time for cooking and preserving food. But I want it to have a point, I want to be sure that it will not spoil until my next game session. Otherwise I will eat raw meat and berries, cooks most simple receipts and forget about farming.
This is the idea, yes. I would like to eventually make cooking and farming even more interesting and rewarding to offer this as a viable gameplay specialization for larger servers where players will be trading items constantly and offering other services.

EvilMammoth

Here comes my next batch of suggestions, comments and other. It is very various and touches different parts of the game, so it was hard for me to unite it by subjects. So IΓÇÖll just go step by step, just as I noted it.

1) Roaming creatures.
IΓÇÖm sure it is not considerable feature for now, but roaming together and attacking together as one pride Pig and Wolf ΓÇô looks strange. I think those should spawn on some distance from each other.

2) Melee attack/defense position.
This is hard thing to explain, but attacking from south position in melee is much profitable than doing from sides, and extremely better then attacking from north position. If I attack mob from lower (southern) side - I will take less hits and damage, than doing it from upper (northern) side. I tested many many times. After melee patch too.
  DidnΓÇÖt get a chance to test it in PVP but I feel it works same way. SoΓǪ I think it is the very serious moment to check, because who know that thing ΓÇô will have much more chances in melee.

3) Lamps and lights
a) It is a great feature when we can set auto light in floor lamps. But, please, make it stop doing auto light when player is offline. I’ve loaded 100 oil and next day it was all gone. It was 100 fat cooked. It is…. very expensive, to lose 100 fat in one game session. If I have few lamps on few bases – it will be hard for me to run around and set it all OFF before going offline.
b) wall torches/lamps/lights needed. It is not really comfortable to set it in the middle of the house. So wall placing will be great.
c) Extremely needed light source to use with tools. Helmet with candle, helmet with flashlight or whatever ΓÇô there is need in light when player mine ore, chop trees or melee fighting.
d) receipt of chemical oil is very expensive on my feelings. Mineral oil is hard gaining and valuable resource to use it for crafting oil for lamps.

4) Iron tools ΓÇô need rebalance
Iron tools are too expensive to use in early game, and have no use in middle/late game. When iron tools are researched, its balance of efficiency and cost makes player better using stone tools. Because iron is valuable enough resource to use it on iron tools when player can accumulate it and turn into steel in short time rushing that technology. I would never spend 15 iron to craft tool, when I can turn it in steel, craft steel tool and it will last much longer.
This is not only my thoughts – I’ve discussed it with other player in game chat. Everyone agreed, that iron tools are (on feelings) slightly better than stone tools but much more expensive. But steel tools gives a feeling «worth the money».
Yes, I saw it’s durability in scripts, how it is better than stone tools and all that stuff…But I’m talking about economical feelings of early game. Iron tools not worth it’s cost. When I crafted my first iron pickaxe – I was very disappointed of it’s durability and even thought not to learn steel tools, and always work with cheap stone tools, just raising mining skill. But one player told me that steel tools works palpably better, so I give it a try and steel tools are really good because of it’s high durability. But still mining speed is better gaining from mining skill.

So…Iron tools feels useless – it’s durability not worth cost. Better save that iron for steel.

5) Accidental crushing own house
  Please, make playerΓÇÖs house walls, doors, workbenches and all interior in area of landclaimer ΓÇô invulnerability to ownerΓÇÖs accidental hits with mace or tools. Very often happens accidental mouse clicks with breaking interior and walls, and other.

6) Landclaimer
I think that there is too fast jump of landclaimer protection ΓÇô frim 4 hours to 24 hours. On my feelings there should me something in the middle ΓÇô like 12 hours.
Also I feel that lvl7 landclaimer is too expensive – 20 gold ingots needed. I don’t even talk about next 8 level…

7) List of resources
IΓÇÖm not sure if it is possible somehow, but it would be great to have some info list about resources I have in my chests.
Sometimes I have to run far just to check ΓÇô what I have and how much, to make any further plans. And I feel that in future there will be much more resources, so that info will be demanded even more.

8) List of known receipts
Just the same thing about known receipts ΓÇô need to be able to see known researched receipts. It is annoying to run and check on workbench - how much resources needed for crafting thing.

9) Locking slots in inventory
It will be great to be able to make some order in inventory and finish with all that mess. Yes ΓÇô using middle mouse button to autosort things in inventory we have. But, it messes also (sorts) those things which we set in inventory in special slots, to have it under hand. Like anti-radiation suit, medkits, anti-nausea, food and other stuff. All that placed with love and accuracy items ΓÇô messes with new loot after middle button click.
So… It will be great feature to be able to lock items in slots, to prevent it from middle button influence.

10) Dropping things off inventory
Please, ass special button + mouse click, or trash slot to be able to drop things without closing it. Now if we need to drop down 2 or more items ΓÇô we have to take it, close inventory and drop one after one.

11) Simple closing chestΓÇÖs and benchΓÇÖs windows/menus and other
It will be great if you make possible to exit chest/workbench or any other window by clicking 1 button on mouse (may be ΓÇô right button). It will be more easy and comfortable than searching for ESC button everytime.

12) Stacks of different resources
I think that some stacks sizes should be changed. Like berries ΓÇô 250 (!!!), plums and peaches ΓÇô 100, chemicals ΓÇô 250, stone and ore ΓÇô 100, salt ΓÇô 250, clay and sand ΓÇô 100.

13) Specials for workers
  a) Pushcart to store ore. Let it decrease players speed
  b) Work suit with no armor but good buff to gaining

14) Radiation zoneΓÇÖs loot
It is very and useless to find 1-2 bullets in those zones. Let it be at least 20+ minimum stack to be profitable. 1-2 bullets will always be thrown away because player need inventory slots and it is not usefull to hold such miserable loot in slot.

15) Breaking non-claimed  structures
I think that any structure should be able to brake fast to anyone, if it is not in zone of someoneΓÇÖs landclaimer. It is very strange that I canΓÇÖt break my own wall in middle of house, because landclaimer donΓÇÖt reach it one tile and I have to upgrade my claimer to lvl8 just to remove wall.

16) Meat
I think that:
Pig should drop more meat ΓÇô it is pig!
Chicken should always drop at least 1 meat. Why I kill chicken and have no profit from doing it? O_o

17) stopping objects
Mushrooms and herbs shouldnΓÇÖt stop player. IΓÇÖm sure it should be like rocks, grass and twigs.

18) Sugarcane
  At my feelings sugarcane respawns too slow. If there will be more active players ΓÇô there will be big deficit of it.

----------------------------
Ok, it is enough for the moment, I think. Later I want to add some thoughts about leatherworking (my hobby is crafting things using leather), neats-foot oil from bones, some receipts and professions.

Thank you!

P.S. I have some words to reply on your previous post, Lurler, but later.

Lurler

Thank you for your suggestions again, some are really on point and we've added it to our todo list and will do in one of the next versions soon.
While a few other have already been implemented in the version we are releasing next.

Now, there's one thing I would like to stress again, and that is the fact that the game is still in EARLY ALPHA state currently, so some of the things are in our todo list anyway, we simply haven't yet gotten to them and it's common sense for us to do them eventually, for example creatures A.I. - we haven't even started working on it. Current A.I. system is just a placeholder.

Quote from: EvilMammoth on June 18, 2018, 11:39:27 AM
Roaming creatures.
IΓÇÖm sure it is not considerable feature for now, but roaming together and attacking together as one pride Pig and Wolf ΓÇô looks strange. I think those should spawn on some distance from each other.
This and other related changes will be implemented when we get to working on A.I.

Melee attack/defense position.
This is hard thing to explain, but attacking from south position in melee is much profitable than doing from sides, and extremely better then attacking from north position.
This is a good point actually and you are right. I will change the creature hitboxes and physical colliders to address it.

Lamps and lights
It is a great feature when we can set auto light in floor lamps. But, please, make it stop doing auto light when player is offline.
Good news :)
It is already implemented in the upcoming version! In automatic mode now it will only enable lights at night if there are any players nearby and disable in other cases to save fuel. Basically the ideal implementation.

Extremely needed light source to use with tools. Helmet with candle, helmet with flashlight or whatever ΓÇô there is need in light when player mine ore, chop trees or melee fighting.
Currently working on it! :)
There will be miners hat as well as night vision goggles that you can put on your head and use independently of whatever you are holding in your hands.

List of resources
IΓÇÖm not sure if it is possible somehow, but it would be great to have some info list about resources I have in my chests.
Sometimes I have to run far just to check ΓÇô what I have and how much, to make any further plans. And I feel that in future there will be much more resources, so that info will be demanded even more.
This is on our todo list. We are considering adding a separate statistics page to the land claim where you will be able to see detailed info about your base, as well as information about resources. But it is low priority, so it will be added much later.

List of known receipts
Just the same thing about known receipts ΓÇô need to be able to see known researched receipts. It is annoying to run and check on workbench - how much resources needed for crafting thing.
Yup, already in our todo list.

Dropping things off inventory
Please, ass special button + mouse click, or trash slot to be able to drop things without closing it. Now if we need to drop down 2 or more items ΓÇô we have to take it, close inventory and drop one after one.
This is a good point. It is quite annoying discarding several items one by one as you described. We will add ability to just discard them right from inventory and they will be automatically dropped on the ground.

Simple closing chestΓÇÖs and benchΓÇÖs windows/menus and other
It will be great if you make possible to exit chest/workbench or any other window by clicking 1 button on mouse (may be ΓÇô right button). It will be more easy and comfortable than searching for ESC button everytime.
As ai_enabled replied in discord regarding this - you can just click anywhere outside the window to close it. And you can also press open inventory button (it's right next to WASD so you don't have to reach far) two times to close it. But clicking outside the windows is really the easiest way.

Stacks of different resources
I think that some stacks sizes should be changed. Like berries ΓÇô 250 (!!!), plums and peaches ΓÇô 100, chemicals ΓÇô 250, stone and ore ΓÇô 100, salt ΓÇô 250, clay and sand ΓÇô 100.
I completely disagree :)
Current system is very simple, logical and balanced. General idea:
- resources are 250
- items are 100
- food is 10 (since it spoils)

Specials for workers
Work suit with no armor but good buff to gaining
Next update that we are releasing soon now has "strength boost" medicine which you can use to significantly boost effectiveness of different tasks utilizing strength. Such as mining or chopping down trees. Give it a try once it's out! :)

Radiation zoneΓÇÖs loot
It is very and useless to find 1-2 bullets in those zones. Let it be at least 20+ minimum stack to be profitable. 1-2 bullets will always be thrown away because player need inventory slots and it is not usefull to hold such miserable loot in slot.
We are planning to change how item spawning works in loot chests. We will make it less random and more balanced. It will still be random, but you can expect to generally find good stuff every time, rather being completely random as it is now.

Breaking non-claimed  structures
I think that any structure should be able to brake fast to anyone, if it is not in zone of someoneΓÇÖs landclaimer. It is very strange that I canΓÇÖt break my own wall in middle of house, because landclaimer donΓÇÖt reach it one tile and I have to upgrade my claimer to lvl8 just to remove wall.
Again, this is already planned. We will make any structures outside the land claim area to slowly deteriorate if not repaired. This will address the issue of abandoned houses and make land claims more valuable.

Again, thank you for your suggestions! :)

EvilMammoth

Quote from: Lurler on June 19, 2018, 02:53:58 AM
Thank you for your suggestions again, some are really on point and we've added it to our todo list and will do in one of the next versions soon.
While a few other have already been implemented in the version we are releasing next.

Now, there's one thing I would like to stress again, and that is the fact that the game is still in EARLY ALPHA state currently, so some of the things are in our todo list anyway, we simply haven't yet gotten to them and it's common sense for us to do them eventually, for example creatures A.I. - we haven't even started working on it. Current A.I. system is just a placeholder.

Sure I understand it. I just can't know what is in your plans and "to do" list already and what not. So I just say everything I want to comment so you can check what could be missed out of your sight and plans and think if you want to add it in your future plans and choose priority.

Good news :)
It is already implemented in the upcoming version! In automatic mode now it will only enable lights at night if there are any players nearby and disable in other cases to save fuel. Basically the ideal implementation.

Great! Agree, this is good way to solve lights question.

As ai_enabled replied in discord regarding this - you can just click anywhere outside the window to close it. And you can also press open inventory button (its right next to WASD so you don't have to reach far) two times to close it. But clicking outside the windows is really the easiest way.

Yes, thanks. But... It will be great if single clicking "E" button will also take us out of menu, without jumping to inventory. Today I tried it and as for my feelings, when you do opening and closing chests when deep in crafting - you make open/close operation about 20-30 times in few minutes. So this extra "E" clicking and entering inventory for closing every menu is not great, truly saying. And just as for me - my hands always try to exit menu with double "E" button. 
So, If there is a way to make E work also as exit button when menu (chest or workbench) in addition to open Inventory button. Or maybe add Q button, or ability to add button player to choose like toggle running.

Next update that we are releasing soon now has "strength boost" medicine which you can use to significantly boost effectiveness of different tasks utilizing strength. Such as mining or chopping down trees. Give it a try once it's out! :)

Cool! Sure I will. But as I remember we already have strength boost, crafting from coffee berries and herbs. "Strong and simple" versions. I use it every time I need to brake walls with my mace. Maces - I mean. To brake 1 stone wall row now I need 8.1 iron maces and strong strength booster (working with 20 lvl melee skill).

What I really wait is stamina booster. Running across global map is real pain - I have to run down to desert entrance, then run up across all desert to my oil pump, and then back again. It's OK, I will deal with it. But if there was some medicine for long runs (some need to go to the sea for salt water, some need run to desert, some of them - to far away radioactive zone, some - to market/shop)  it will give us a chance to solve cutting off some boring minutes.

As idea : it can boost stamina very high and for long time, but cut strength a lot and ban shooting skill - so players could not use it as battle boosters and use this medicine only for special occupations. 

------------------------------

And some more. I'm sure many of it is already too in "to do" plans, but here and further I just keep saying what I would be glad to see and my suggestions:

1)map markers
Need a lot ability to set simple markers on my global map - places I found and want to remember.

2)Saltwater boiling
Please, make it not so long. Evaporating salt looks harder and longer than smelting gold or crafting high tech parts. It looks strange. Player already performed a long run to the sea and back to base with hundreds of glass bars, clicked mouse hundred times to fill all of them, chopped wood (it takes crazy amount of wood, by the way!), and now it feels like he is not just boiling water, but craft philosopher's Stone ΓÇô that long it takes to get simple salt. It is much easier to get lithium.

As I see it.

3)BatteryΓÇÖs bug
When changing battery on flashlight - stack of batteries donΓÇÖt change (exmpl : was stack of 3 batteries ΓÇô after reload there are same 3 batteries in stack). And it disappears only after starting to divide this stack 1 by 1.

4)Coal deficit.
Please, give us the way to mine/craft or whatever ΓÇô coal. Hard to explain how hard to get this resource in any usable amounts, while it is extremely needed to use in late game (for crafting firewood, plastic and other). I can get enough coal now for 1 game session needs only after hours of mining only stone all around map, and IΓÇÖm not sure how I will do it when there will be much more players with big guns and same needs. =)

5)dehydration status
I think it will be good and fair to add faster dehydration status on using such things as boosters.

--------------------------------------------------

Now some suggestions on my favorite subject ΓÇô leatherworking:

6)Hides, leather and neatsfoot oil (bone oil)
As a man, who works with leather, I feel strange when animals drop ready ΓÇ£leatherΓÇ¥. As I think, it will be interesting and will bring more receipts and variability if animals will drop as loot not leather but their hides.
  Here is simplified receipt for crafting leather out of raw hides: water, salt, neatsfoot oil (or other natural oil) and herbs (or bark).
  Now about neatsfoot oil ΓÇô this is oil, used in leatherworking and leather care. It is made out of neats or simple bones (in Russia it is simply called bone-oil). So in addition of leather receipt here is another new one and good real use for animal bones ΓÇô crafting oil out of bones.

7)Professions, crafted itemΓÇÖs quality.
Different professions and itΓÇÖs influence on quality of crafted items - good way to bring some division of players into specialties and push them to trading with each other.
As I mentioned to Ai_enabled, I liked playing Ultima Online in far far 90ΓÇÖs. And there was such thing as lot of different professions, growing VERY slowly. So it was literally impossible for player to be skilled good enough in more than one (or few chained) professions. Even mining and chopping trees had the biggest difference for low and high skilled players (amount, quality and possibility even to work/chop/mine with high grade materials).
This situation pushed player to choose professions, cooperate, trade and be proud to be good professional in something. Some players was uniting in profession guilds.
Other player choose to be traders. Was buying, selling and making money. So they was able to hire and pay other players for defense, who choose to be warriors. To be able to travel across the map, visiting crafters. Because of course there was other players, who preferred to raid and rob such traders.

IΓÇÖm sure you know about this game. So I suggest not to copy that game, but may be to take some interesting aspects of it. Growing skill, better resource output, better quality of crafted items ΓÇô to be able to trade it.
Something similar you can see in great (and longest ever supported game ΓÇô since 1992 till now!) game UnReal World. There skill make influence in what quality of raw and intermediary resource, and final product player get.
example:
Bad skinning skill (or hunting) will bring player low quality hide. And even player with good leatherworking skill will not be able to make good quality leather out of it. Same ΓÇô no good leather armor out of such leather (with skill armorer or same leatherworking). So such bad leather will be interesting for leatherworker with low skill for training and crafting items, where high quality is not main thing ΓÇô rope, apron for blacksmith, mittens for foraging and farmer, and other low grade things.

On other side: only good skinned hide, turned by master into high quality leather, may be used to craft best leather armor, high quality items and other.

If there will be new special monsters – it will be insanely grate way to add new type of hides for special leather (like freeze, radiation, impact, fire protection…m.b. ability to become invisible for short time (!) or run faster, or walk untouched between some monsters (ability – fear).

----------------------------------------

Ok…I should stop somewhere )))

Thank you!   

Lurler

Quote from: EvilMammoth on June 19, 2018, 03:52:34 PM
Yes, thanks. But... It will be great if single clicking "E" button will also take us out of menu, without jumping to inventory.
I've been thinking about this myself. It's implemented like that in a few other games.
I think we will try implementing it this way too if it can be done.

Saltwater boiling
Please, make it not so long.
This is a balancing act. We don't want to make salt to become dirt cheap.
But I agree, it is a bit too much. I changed it to 30 seconds from 90.

BatteryΓÇÖs bug
When changing battery on flashlight - stack of batteries donΓÇÖt change (exmpl : was stack of 3 batteries ΓÇô after reload there are same 3 batteries in stack). And it disappears only after starting to divide this stack 1 by 1.
This is already fixed in the next version.

Coal deficit.
Please, give us the way to mine/craft or whatever ΓÇô coal. Hard to explain how hard to get this resource in any usable amounts, while it is extremely needed to use in late game (for crafting firewood, plastic and other). I can get enough coal now for 1 game session needs only after hours of mining only stone all around map, and IΓÇÖm not sure how I will do it when there will be much more players with big guns and same needs. =)
We are currently working on new northern region (biome) and we will consider adding separate coal nodes there.

Hides, leather and neatsfoot oil (bone oil)
As a man, who works with leather, I feel strange when animals drop ready ΓÇ£leatherΓÇ¥. As I think, it will be interesting and will bring more receipts and variability if animals will drop as loot not leather but their hides.
  Here is simplified receipt for crafting leather out of raw hides: water, salt, neatsfoot oil (or other natural oil) and herbs (or bark).
  Now about neatsfoot oil ΓÇô this is oil, used in leatherworking and leather care. It is made out of neats or simple bones (in Russia it is simply called bone-oil). So in addition of leather receipt here is another new one and good real use for animal bones ΓÇô crafting oil out of bones.
While this is great idea and I myself like this type of complex crafting and fiddling with little details, it is just too much for this tier or technology.
Not many people craft leather or fur armor even now, so making it even more complex would completely stop anyone from ever considering this armor.
I try to keep earlier tiers of technology a bit simpler, so while not realistic it is good from gameplay perspective.

Professions, crafted itemΓÇÖs quality.
Different professions and itΓÇÖs influence on quality of crafted items - good way to bring some division of players into specialties and push them to trading with each other.
As I mentioned to Ai_enabled, I liked playing Ultima Online in far far 90ΓÇÖs. And there was such thing as lot of different professions, growing VERY slowly. So it was literally impossible for player to be skilled good enough in more than one (or few chained) professions. Even mining and chopping trees had the biggest difference for low and high skilled players (amount, quality and possibility even to work/chop/mine with high grade materials).
This situation pushed player to choose professions, cooperate, trade and be proud to be good professional in something. Some players was uniting in profession guilds.
Other player choose to be traders. Was buying, selling and making money. So they was able to hire and pay other players for defense, who choose to be warriors. To be able to travel across the map, visiting crafters. Because of course there was other players, who preferred to raid and rob such traders.
Yes, this is something we'd like to eventually see in the game - clear separation between professions.
Currently there isn't that many technologies, so most people eventually learn everything if they play long enough, but we will adding more technologies to make people choose which higher tier professions to pursue.
Now, about quality and stuff like that specifically - I'm honestly not sure if we should go down this path. It would great TONS of clutter in inventory with 10 different quality grades of the same item. Some system like this could be fun and useful, but we need to find a different solution to make it better compatible with the game we have.

If there will be new special monsters – it will be insanely grate way to add new type of hides for special leather (like freeze, radiation, impact, fire protection…m.b. ability to become invisible for short time (!) or run faster, or walk untouched between some monsters (ability – fear).
Yup, we are adding a few new monster soon.
Not in this version, though.
And yes, there will be monsters that use special attack types such as acid projectiles, psi attacks and other.

Again, thank you for such extensive suggestions list!
Quite a few of these are added to either todo list or immediately in our workflow :)

EvilMammoth

Today I was shortly testing farming (to be able to start testing cooking next) so I have very few comments:
1)   Watering cans
I want to attract your attention to cost of crafting plastic watering can. Please, think about balancing it. Now it costs 25 valuable plastic.
  For compare: full assault armor, helmet + body and legs, needs for craft 60 plastic + some steel. SubMachinegun ΓÇô 10 plastic.
Now lets check if for this precious cost we receive adequate quality: using plastic watering can to pour 10 plants we lose 4% of its durability. That means that this plastic can will pour 250 plants. That shows us that 1 plastic used to pour 10 plants.
Now if we check same for other watering cans we see that for copper can ΓÇô 1 copper ingot will pour 11 plants, for steel can ΓÇô 1 steel ingot + 0.4 flux pour 16.7 plants.
1 plastic ΓÇô 10 pours (1 mineral oil and 0.2 coal !)
1 copper ΓÇô 11 pours
1 steel + 0.4 flux ΓÇô 16.7 pours

Yes, I know there are different capacity. But choosing between extra run for oil (if I have it) and few steps to my closest well ΓÇô I will choose second.
  Please, reduce itΓÇÖs cost hardly, or make it almost unbreakable for such price. I used my plastic can on my 22 plants just few times and it 79% durability.

2)   Storage for harvest
Simple thing ΓÇô where to keep it? So I got 75 tomato from just 3 spots. It have very low nutritional value to eat it ΓÇ£as it isΓÇ¥, so I need to storage it somewhere until I will be able to cook something with it. Best in-game fridge have only 8 storage slots.  So 75 tomato from only 3 plants will fully fill it.
As I see ΓÇô either food should be able to stack better (50-100 in slot), or last longer without cooling (vegetables and berries, at last), or fridge have to be much bigger. Or maybe there should be some kind of special storage for vegetables and fruits ΓÇô cellar or silo.

3)   Canisters.
Please, consider ability to fill canisters with water and salt water. Keep all receipts still to use only glass bars with water, where it needed, but let players to transport water and other liquids in late game in canisters (between barrels, well, sea and other possible in future liquid containers). It is strange to have lot of canisters and not be able to fill it with water in one barrel (or well, or sea) and transport to another barrel.

4)    Foraging, mining and maybe even looting - bug report
Finely I found bug, which donΓÇÖt let me to rule the land =))
When I mine ore, in low right screen corner it shows that I got more, than I really receive in my inventory. Same with foraging berries, sugarcane, stone, chemistry, mushrooms, sand and other.
In right corner it shows that IΓÇÖve got 3 mushrooms ΓÇô in my inventory I receive only 2. I mine 7 stone ΓÇô receive 5.
DidnΓÇÖt noticed it on chopping trees, when testing. Also didnΓÇÖt test it on looting rad-zones.

Here I add some screenshots (check amount of resource shown in right corner and compare it to inventory).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hAJ61uS1QsNVZADYA

P.S. Why it is not posible to add atachments here? I tryed different codes to post picture with preview - it doesn't work.

Thank you!

Lurler

Quote from: EvilMammoth on June 20, 2018, 04:18:30 PM
Watering cans
This is a good point. I adjusted prices a bit, thank you for noticing this inconsistency.
Plus we decided to make refilling watering can with water only require one bottle regardless of the size of the watering can, so higher tier watering cans have an additional advantage.

Canisters
Initially we did it exactly like that, but there are certain logical issues with it, so we decided to restrict canisters specifically to oil products.

Foraging, mining and maybe even looting - bug report
Huh, this is very weird. We confirmed the bug. Will investigate why that happens.
Thank you for reporting!