NA PvP Server?

Started by Prism, December 16, 2019, 12:22:19 PM

Prism

I've been enjoying the game for the past few weeks but what are the odds we'll see a North American PvP server released?

ai_enabled

Hello!

We see a good trend lately as the game taking recognition and gaining an audience steadily. With this trend continued, we can expect an official PvP server hosted in NA in the near future. However, as we have just checked the stats from Steam, for the last 2 weeks, only about 10% of CryoFall daily active players are from the US and Canada. Considering most of them are playing on the official PvE servers...the game PvP population there right now is too low to justify the NA server yet. I guess you would not want to play on a server with an active population which is just a fraction of the Global PvP server. And ping to the Global PvP server is usually not too bad.

Regards!

Prism

Thanks for the quick response

Good to hear that a NA PvP server may come eventually - my brother and I are enjoying the game but found Global PvP less than ideal as a duo, eventually moved to South American PvP as the next best alternative.  It did seem strange to see two separate NA PvE servers released within two weeks of each other though, especially since the population on both are so low.

ai_enabled

While the population on PvE servers was rarely exceeding 100 online at the time, it's daily active players' number was very high with over 2000 players registered on the server and half of them had at least a single established base (same with Europe 1 PvE). The second server was a necessityΓÇöthe world was so overcrowded with the land claims that new players started reporting they have trouble finding a spot to establish a base (as all players are spawning in the temperate or tropical forests, and other biomes are too tough for newbies). Plus the structures' decay speed (which is x2 slower on the PvE servers) is quite long so the world is getting crowded quickly. We didn't want to change the rate as it will not immediately help and didn't want to frustrate the players there as some of them will not expect the decay duration to decrease. Anyway, I hope these extra PvE servers will be quite busy with the future sale which is expected for the holiday season.

BTW, I would highly recommend CryoSmall as the best server for duo players. It's hosted in the UK.

Regards!