Class-related skills

Started by TormentoR, April 07, 2014, 03:07:18 AM

TormentoR

I was wondering if, in order to provide a different gameplay experience for different classes, other than the starter equipment, if there are plans to make certain class-specific skills or even skill trees?

I personally would love to see the ability to develop a character differently based on the class you select.

Lurler

Quote from: TormentoR on April 07, 2014, 03:07:18 AM
I was wondering if, in order to provide a different gameplay experience for different classes, other than the starter equipment, if there are plans to make certain class-specific skills or even skill trees?
I personally would love to see the ability to develop a character differently based on the class you select.
Yes. For now all characters are pretty much exactly the same. But that is because the skill tree is not completed (not even close). Once it is we will create characters that are truly different.

Cyber

Even before the full skill tress are complete, one suggestion I have is to make the different classes require different amounts of skill points to buy skills.  For example, the Adventurer would have the normal spread of skill costs, whereas the Scout might have discounts in purchasing certain piloting skills but require more skill points to purchase engineering skills.  The Prospector on the other hand would be able to purchase engineering and haggling skills for less skill point cost, but take longer to purchase more combat related skills.

This seems like something that would be fairly easy to implement and give some quick meaning to the classes as they are now.