Idea for aiming pointers

Started by kyokei, April 06, 2015, 04:53:06 AM

kyokei

So I was fighting with my Crab ship and I found it really hard to aim with the 2 ballistic guns I had, I kept getting confused with the missile aimers.
Is it maybe an idea to give left mouse, right mouse, middle mouse each a different colour?

Lurler

Hm. It might be a good idea.
However there was another idea - to give colors based on the weapon type (energy, ballistic, etc.)

Not sure which would be a better option.

What do you think?

kyokei

I think both would end up doing the same - because I don't see anyone bundling a ballistics weapon with a laser weapon.
I would say go with the color based on weapon type, it makes more sense.

Lurler

Okay. Added into our todo list!

sandbags

Can I add that, even at maximum opacity, you can't see the line of your guns far enough which makes aiming fixed weapons incredibly tricky.

MenschMaschine

I think, a colouring based on the location of the mount would be better,
because if it is based on weapontype, then it still can get confusing when,
we change ships or the type of installed weapon.

It also would be more flexible, because we can switch which button
is used to fire this or that weapon, this way, we would be able to decide on the colour,
without affecting the type of weapon.

kyokei, ballistic weapons are usually harder to aim, because they shoot
slower, so they eye has to do more aiming on itself kinda.

Fixed weapons are usually pointing into the direction of the ship *winks*
So you also can use the mousepointer as targeting reticle.

Personally, i would like to have the option to completely switch OFF the aiming Pointer.
Even at the minimum of 10% it is still visible and especially with modded ships,
which -can- have up to four turrets of various degree of freedom,
it can be a bit confusing.

Generally though i think, a game should never be changed significantly just in favor of
what might be able to do with mods.
No Berries!

sandbags

I would also like to be able to turn off the aiming pointers and just have the turrets auto-lock and generate firing solutions for me :-)

m/