Breaching the Core Full Mod Discussion

Started by Hammish, June 27, 2014, 10:11:17 AM

Tchey

That seems to be a very impressive mod. I didn't try it yet, but i will certainly do. If i start a new game with that, and then you update the mod, should i start again ?

I've started too many games in order to tests some bugs etc previously, and i prefer to wait a little for my next session, to be more like "playing" and less than "testing".

Is it a good day to start, or to wait more ?
http://jeux1d100.net/blog/

Hammish

It's a good day to start with v1.0. :)

Anything going forward should be 'added on' instead of a replacement on an item, which is what caused some odd issues.  For example I changed the way I tagged some items, so Fusion Rays used the tags fsr_xi, fsr_xii, fsr_xiii.  That was clunky so now they are just fsr_s, fsr_m, fse_l... but anyone who still had an old fsr_xii in a save would get an error.  If I add things from this point forward, at worst old saves won't have new stuff instantly available in shops, but they will eventually refresh and start (possible) spawning new things.

Hammish

BTC 1.1.0 released over in the scrubbed thread.

Bug fixes!  I think I got all the ones pointed out on this thread.  If I missed any, or if anyone finds new ones, please list them out here or shoot me a PM. :)
Three new hulls added: The Persephone-class mining frigate, the Hades-class destroyer (uses the cruiser skill for now) and the Zeus-class heavy cruiser.
Large (III) versions of all weapons added.
9 modules added for starters: 3 engine mods and 6 weapon mods.
Alternate and better gas tanks added, all the way up through experimental.  They require Engineering to equip, but may eventually shift to Engines.
Some projectile effects changed.  Plasma cannons and mass driver now have animated shots and pulse lasers really pulse!
Introduced scaling models for medium- and large-sized energy weapons.  Thanks FlessenGreendart!
Also from FlessenGreendart, there is a one-off character available: the Han Solo class, complete with his own Falcon.  Coming soon, a giant sphere to fly into.  (Just kidding, but only about the Death Star.)

Flessen, I tagged you at the top of the main post as a contributor, as well.  Is this okay with you?  I just want to give credit where credit is due, and while I need to test the scaled turrets on all hulls still... the ones I did get to test on, they looked amazing.

FlessenGreendart

Thanks for the credit  ;D

Glad they're working out, have you managed to sort out the muzzle flash issue?

Also, did you find a use for my custom built turrets? I can throw together some more if you would like.
As a personal goal, I'd like to make each of the vanilla turrets have a unique model, so I'll most likely be doing it anyway.

Hammish

I have not tried the customs.  But I will, that should be soon.  I do like the thought of customs-for-everything, too.

Samui

At last I have fuel tanks! =)
Great work as always, Hammish.

I just realize that most of russian speaking comminity will need translation of your mod. I allready started with items translation for myself and can share after it will be done.

Hammish

Awesome, thanks man!  And thanks for the praise, too.

If you're going to do that I'll toss your name on the credits as well, and I'll keep the changelog for each version extra-clean so you know what was all added.

Tchey

I've patched the game to the last version, installed the mod, started a new world, new character, and... nothing... loading screen after accepting my character. For now about 10 minutes.

Did i miss something ?

Tchey

Hm after restarting the game completly two times, i am able to play. However i have another trouble : i'm an Engineer, because i want to go Trade/Mining and nothing else seems fine for these jobs. I need to stay alive, so i try to equip a missile weapon and a beam weapon, as my freighter allows me to do so. But i can't. The missile says i'm not allowed to equip missiles, but looking at the skill tree i can't see anywhere to unlock that. I've put one point into turret, one into Beam and one into Missile.

Hammish

Are you attempting to use a non-BTC save or do you have other mods running when you play with BTC on?  If so, that could be responsible.  Missile weapons in BTC are actually split into two categories: pure missile weapons and carrier drones.  Every hull in the game with green hardpoints is able to mount one or another but never both, and the hull itself carries the unlock for either missiles or drones; you don't actually research it, just equip the hull and you'll automatically gain the ability to equip the type that matches up!  So it'd be helpful to know which hull you were trying to equip, since if it's a BTC hull it means I missed adding an attribute somewhere.

If you look at, say, the Apollo-C hull... you can actually see that one of the attributes it gives is 'Equip Missile Weapons OK'.
By contrast, if you mouse over the the Hera-C, it gives 'Equip Carrier Drones OK'.

Unfortunately, this also means any non-BTC ship you use at the same time as the mod isn't going to have functional missile points.

P.S. To equip most turrets, you don't actually need any sort of subresearch into energy, missiles, ect in BTC.  Those are just for fighter pilots to specialize and really enhance specific weapon sorts.  To equip most turrets you simply need to go down the Gunnery line for regular turrets, or Gunnery + Experimental line for Hybrid weapons.

Tchey

I only have installed your mod, nothing else, and i try to install missile weapon on the new freighter hull from your mod, the one i get from Joe after the first mission.
I will check again, maybe i've missed something, but i'm pretty sure i can't equip and i don't have the skill on the skill tree.

Samui

Some of your mod ships missing skills or hardpoints that they should have according to description. I'll try to list them all later if you didn't find they by yourself.

About mod translation:
When I translated all character types and came to check it in the game... there was only "? ? ? ?  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??". But with items/ships/factions everething ok... that strange.

For now I finished translation for: factions, boosters, consumables, devices, engines, fuel tanks, generators, grapplers, hulls and characters. I hope to comletely translate all items and skill tree till the monday.
If some body want to check it out please download it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyyo8qzq1k1rmad/rubtc.mpk?dl=0

I'll be glad to see some suggestions and error reports.

Hammish

Ahhhh, I see now!  Thanks for pointing it out, I see the issue now.  Originally I had been using the Freighter hull for the Hephaestus, with the introduction of the Endeavor I swapped them around and used the Endeavor for the HPH and the Freighter for the PERS but forgot to change up the hardpoints when I did so.  Sorry, my bad. :)

The correct layouts (should be fixed in a new patch on Saturday) should be:
HPH Civilian - 2x energy-I
HPH Mk I - 2x energy-I
HPH Mk II - 2x energy-I, 1x missile-I (bottom mount)
HPH Experimental - 2x energy-I, 1x missile-II (bottom mount)

PERS Mk I - 2x energy-II
PERS Experimental - 2x energy-II, 1x missile-II (bottom mount)
PERS Military Refit - 2x energy-II, 2x drone bay-I

That's why the attribute was missing; because the Mk I you get from the quest shouldn't have a missile on it, I never added the attribute.

Tchey

Alright !

Thanks for the mod, and for the upcoming update(s) !

AtomicTorch should copy/buy/borrow your ideas. The mod is very interesting, more readable and deeper than the vanilla system, both about graphics and gameplay.

Hammish

Well, thank you, for starters. :)

And I already gave 'em permission to borrow anything they'd like, actually, though I think more of the depth in-systems is coming from them fairly soon.  Crafting is on the list for them if I remember right, and that right there will both massively increase the scale of the game while making mod support even easier in terms of adding in new content.  That's why I pushed my planned crafting system way back; my workaround was to make quest hand-ins to 'craft', but I bet theirs will be quite a bit deeper and able to utilize the UI, and thus, far more eloquent.

My systems still do need a lot more work, though, in my opinion, especially at higher levels, but I only have so much free time.  Just glad that ideas are starting to come together from the community and we're getting a bit of cross-mod/work cooperation. :D