VoidExpanse - Patch notes v0.10.x

Started by Lurler, September 24, 2014, 02:15:08 AM

Hammish

I'll give herobrinedrone a velocity taper, actually, so he'll drift to a stop in space instead of kamikazing people.

He'll just float out there... and stare at them.  Yep.

Lurler

Quote from: Hammish on October 02, 2014, 08:33:39 AM
I'd ask why you took out Herobrine, he's the best part of the game, but...
Haha. Though, we really do need our own kind of herobrine :)

Quote from: Hecter94 on October 02, 2014, 09:45:29 AM
Make a Herobrine drone!
That might not be a bad idea :)
The ever elusive drone launcher with unmatched power, who no one saw ever.

Hammish

Oh, you'd see him, but only for a second and only in the corner of your vision.

.... And that right there will be the Herobrine launcher, if it ever comes about.  The projectile for it will be 99 frames of emptiness and then one of Herobrine floating through space, so he only flickers on the screen sporadically. :P

Lurler

It can be done even now! We desperately need a mod for that :)

ai_enabled

VoidExpanse v0.10.3 (Experimental) has been released providing several critical fixes. First post updated. Thanks FlessenGreendart for reporting!
If you play in Linux/Mac please let us know how it works for you now.
Happy weekend!

kyokei

Did you change anything for the linux/mac versions? if so, I will give it a run on the mac this weekend

ai_enabled

No, we just fixed broken compatibility (since v0.10.0).

Lurler

After these two weeks of testing this new update finally transitions into a stable release! :)
You can read the update post here: https://atomictorch.com/Post/Id1081
Now we can finally concentrate of the last set of features needed for transition into beta!

kyokei

Wow you guys are seriously the fastest update pushing company I've seen so far. Many kudos to you.
Now that this is the last Alpha version, will the steam integration be released in the first beta update?
And what about some of the multiplayer functionality which has been discussed on the forums, are you making sure that this will get added in the beta versions?
Reason I am asking is because I've noticed that when a game goes into the Beta stage, that it's more focused around stability, performance and bug fixing rather than adding new functionality. So more polishing.

I know you guys won't disappoint so I'm not worried :)

Lurler

Thank you :)

Well, our plan now is to have all missing functionality needed for Steam release into beta. That would be pretty much the final version more or less. Then release it as experimental on our website.
After that, when we are absolutely sure that everything is perfect, we will make a release (final) both on our website and on Steam at the same time. At least it's the plan :) We will see how it goes. But I really hope we can do everything this year, because if we can't finish everything by november we will have to wait until after the new year, because during holidays there will be a lot of AAA games out and we don't want to compete with them.
After the release, there won't be much difference, we will just continue working on the game as we do now. At least I really hope so. That would depend on the sales.

Excalibur

Well, I would expect for the sales to be quite good. I mean, look at Space Pirates and Zombies or Gratitous Space Battles (to a less degree). There is a market for this lovely type of game. I think so anyway. I long for the good old days of Privateer myself, had an itch for that type of game for some time now, still haven't scratched it, hoping this game will do the trick. Once final, of course.

Your doing a hell of a sight better then the guys developing Starsector. It's multiple people and is similar in some ways and it hasn't had an update since January, and it cost me twice as much. :(