VE Physics Adjuster

Started by frizzank, August 25, 2015, 01:57:36 PM

frizzank

I found this on the wiki but have no idea how it works or even where to install it to work correctly?

VE Physics Adjuster
http://atomictorch.com/Files/PhysicsAdjuster.zip

Lurler

You don't need to install it.
Just unpack it and run. Then to open a model simply naviage to the folder where the model is stored. Then you can load a texture to that model.
And then you can add shapes to create physics for the model.
When you are done you can copy the physics definitions into your xml for the ship.

frizzank

clicking on open model does nothing...

This is from the output log
DllNotFoundException: C:/Users/Frizzank/Documents/AtomicTorchStudio/VoidExpanse/Tools/VoidExpansePhysicsAdjuster_Data/Plugins/NativeOpenfileProject.dll
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) GUILoader:OpenFileDialog ()

at GUILoader.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Lurler

Can you make a screenshot how that looks?

frizzank

Clicking the button just depresses it and nothing happens.

error log

DllNotFoundException: C:/Users/Frizzank/Documents/AtomicTorchStudio/VoidExpanse/Tools/VoidExpansePhysicsAdjuster_Data/Plugins/NativeOpenfileProject.dll

I tried re-downloading it and same thing.

Lurler

Ah, now I see.
You are missing a dll.
Are you sure you extracted everything? And your antivirus have not removed the file?
This one "NativeOpenfileProject.dll" - it should be in the path specified in your comment.

frizzank

Yes the file is there, i don't have anti-virus software.

Lurler

Well... if it's there, but the program still gives error about it not being there...
To be honest I don't even have any ideas what could be the reason :(
Possibly something related to OS compatibility, maybe if you are using win10 it is not compatible with it or something like that.

p0ki

Maybe something like this?
regsvr32 C:\%PATH_TO_FILE%\NativeOpenfileProject.dll

frizzank

I loaded it on two separate machines, one windows 7 another xp.  Same results, output log says the same thing.

Does it have to be placed in a specific directory?

Lurler

Quote from: frizzank on August 26, 2015, 03:59:45 PM
Does it have to be placed in a specific directory?
No... You really don't need to do anything. Just unpack and run...
I will send the link to this topic to our lead dev, maybe he can figure something out.

Edit: Okay, it seems we have figured out the reason! And I just added a page to our wiki that explains it a bit more.
This should solve the problem: http://wiki.atomictorch.com/VoidExpanse/physics_adjuster

frizzank

I already have the C++ redistribution, but just to be safe I re-installed it. Still doesn't work.

Can someone else try downloading this and running it on their machine just to make sure it's not me.
http://atomictorch.com/Files/PhysicsAdjuster.zip

ai_enabled

Usually DllNotFound exception thrown when the dynamic library not found or cannot be loaded because of the dependencies not resolved.
There are a very short list of dependencies of NativeOpenfileProject.dll
Usually msvcr110d.dll installed with C++ redistributable 2012. But it seems it doesn't works properly for you.
Could you try placing msvcr110d.dll near the VoidExpansePhysicsAdjuster_Data/Plugins/NativeOpenfileProject.dll and run the application please? You could download msvcr110d.dll from my Google Drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4-tSq-u4CreOWZPVDE5V2Z3Mkk/view?usp=sharing
Regards!

frizzank

Nope, still spitting out this error when I click the open model button
DllNotFoundException: C:/Users/Frizzank/Documents/AtomicTorchStudio/VoidExpanse/Tools/VoidExpansePhysicsAdjuster/VoidExpansePhysicsAdjuster_Data/Plugins/NativeOpenfileProject.dll

I also tried putting the rest of the dll's you listed in with the NativeOpenfileProject.dll, still nothing.
I also double checked and made sure the dll files did exist in Windows/System32, and they do.

p0ki

Have you registered your DLL's? I once had a similar problem and registering the needed DLL helped.
If you want to try that out start your cmd and enter this:
regsvr32 C:\%PATH_TO_FILE%\NativeOpenfileProject.dll