Author Topic: Art and Screenshots  (Read 9896 times)

Tchey

• View Profile
Re: Art and Screenshots
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 03:29:06 am »
So, you're making a Haven&Hearth / Salem / Wild Terra game, with sci-fi taste, and 2D graphics, fully moddable, but not as a MMOG, more a single/multiplayer private servers game ?

Where do i sign ?

kyokei

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 03:59:32 am »
I see - I misread it indeed.

So the cities where you can find protection can be player built and can be of the game if I understand it correctly. So if you want to join a secure city you pay taxes for the land you want and that way it manages the economy.

About the industry, lets say I want to be an armor smith and create and sell different types of armor. I have my plant creating the pieces and I have a shop in my city which sells the armor. If I have to wait for players to come and buy it then I don't think that the economy will work. Not meant rudely but if you look at VoidExpanse the amount of players is quite low.
So my question is, will you make AI that will come and purchase the materials?

I take it that if you are creating a world that you would also add sufficient amount of AI characters to make the world more lively. Citizens, bandits, military, etc etc.

Another scenario maybe to think about.... what are the thoughts about decay. Will  stuff that you create decay? if not (which I think is best), what will happen if someone has created some industry but has left the server and doesn't come back. What happens to it? Does it continue to create the goods. Does it get taken over by AI after XX time? Will bandits occupy it and sell the goods illegally?
I would love to have a very lively world like that except I think that it would take way too much work.

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 09:59:00 pm »
So, you're making a Haven&Hearth / Salem / Wild Terra game, with sci-fi taste, and 2D graphics, fully moddable, but not as a MMOG, more a single/multiplayer private servers game ?
Not exactly... but something like that :)

Where do i sign ?
Well, for now just keep throwing money at the monitor. It wouldn't work, but it will make us feel reassured about the future :)

So the cities where you can find protection can be player built and can be of the game if I understand it correctly. So if you want to join a secure city you pay taxes for the land you want and that way it manages the economy.
Yup. But cities provide much more than just protection. They provide utilities (or how is it called in english?) such as electricity. There is no need to build your own generators. Just tap into the city grid and use the efforts of other players. City owner can also install electricity meters and charge you per electricity consumed :)
And finally cities is a good place to buy and sell stuff and use other services such as secure storage in a bank for your most valuable possessions (all created by other players obviously).

About the industry, lets say I want to be an armor smith and create and sell different types of armor. I have my plant creating the pieces and I have a shop in my city which sells the armor. If I have to wait for players to come and buy it then I don't think that the economy will work. Not meant rudely but if you look at VoidExpanse the amount of players is quite low.
So my question is, will you make AI that will come and purchase the materials?
Don't worry. We already thought of that. First of all there WILL be a lot of players online. But it is obviously not the solution.
The solution is simple - all trading will be done automatically. There will be automatic trading and service stations. So, you just go into a store, click on a vending machine and buy yourself a new machine-gun. Done. Store owner only needs to restock these machines regularly with new products and take out the money.

I take it that if you are creating a world that you would also add sufficient amount of AI characters to make the world more lively. Citizens, bandits, military, etc etc.
No, there won't be any NPC. You will see why when we announce the story :)

Another scenario maybe to think about.... what are the thoughts about decay. Will  stuff that you create decay? if not (which I think is best), what will happen if someone has created some industry but has left the server and doesn't come back. What happens to it? Does it continue to create the goods. Does it get taken over by AI after XX time? Will bandits occupy it and sell the goods illegally?
I would love to have a very lively world like that except I think that it would take way too much work.
We will need to devise some kind of decay, yes. But at this time I can't tell you exactly how it will work. We need to make the game first and see how everything works together. Then we can think of a good way to get rid of unused stuff in the world. But I don't think we will go too crazy about this.

Tchey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 12:03:37 pm »
Pleeeeeeeasssssssse, don't do zombie.

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 09:48:50 pm »
Pleeeeeeeasssssssse, don't do zombie.
It's 2016, who makes zombie games now? Zombies been out of fashion for at least two years now :)
On a serious note though - no, there won't be zombies. There will be something much more interesting, trust me :)

p0ki

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 05:09:34 am »
WOW! Just amazing what happend here during my absent time.
This does remind me of Don't Starve which I played before and you have my support. :)
Playing on:
[EU][kG]kunix.org

kyokei

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 04:21:54 am »
Yup, they have been busy creating something really interesting.

When's the next teaser Lurlerr?

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 11:50:20 pm »
Well, let's see. I guess I can show you this:

(click to enlarge)

As you can see the crafting system is quite a bit more involved in this game than just combining stick with a stone to get a stone axe :)
But don't worry. As all these items are separated between different technology branches, so you will never feel overwhelmed, as you would only regularly use a small subset of items at the same time. But yeah, chemistry is a big part of the game :)
Even metallurgy is more interesting, you won't be just putting ore in a furnace. You will have to use chemicals such as flux and such to get your metal! This is especially true for more technological processes for refining metals :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:54:54 pm by Lurler »

kyokei

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2016, 02:07:10 am »
That is seriously cool... I really really really dig the art

Tchey

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2016, 12:45:07 pm »
It feels nice.

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 01:00:34 am »
Here's something extra :)

(click to enlarge)

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 02:13:25 am »
You will never shoot the inaccurate!

(click to enlarge)

p0ki

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 06:46:42 am »
Its not that the developer was to lazy to adjust the model or something  :-X  ::)

May the great meme continue ;D
Playing on:
[EU][kG]kunix.org

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2016, 10:18:41 pm »
Well, we will keep it for the time being :)
The reason it happens is because we use rifle animation for the pistol as well. I guess the same was the case with stalker.
Either way, there is no reason to create animations for all weapons right now, we will do it later :)

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 10:06:20 pm »
Here is a pic of something we've been working on for the past few days.

(click to enlarge)

New terrain! If you remember - before we simply used a texture, but now we created special tile system and new visuals for the ground. They should look a bit more like the rest of the game. I quite like it, tbh. Obviously there is still some work to be done, but I thought that I show it to you guys.

Oh, and I just realized that I haven't shown the UI before as well. So yeah, there you have it :)

Also notice the tabs at the top of the screen. Based on this you can imagine what game mechanics will be available to you by default :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:12:55 pm by Lurler »