a few questions about modding variables

Started by xstephx, April 01, 2019, 04:51:04 AM

xstephx

hi, i'm working on my pvp/raiding-oriented server, Cryoballs. i have a few questions if you can help :)

1. can i make the loot better in radtowns
2. can i make the range of the sound of explosions louder
3. how do i change retained LP after death?
4. how do i make the player move/run faster?
5. will there be a way to make gather rates 3x soon?
6. can i map wipe my server but have my players still retain their LP and skill levels? or do they both wipe together

thanks devs for all the help!

ai_enabled

Hello!

1. You can edit the loot droplists in Core.cpk\Scripts\StaticObjects\Loot folder ΓÇö they are defined in C# files for each crate type.
2. It's already as large as possible ΓÇö as player could only heard sounds from the objects in scope. If the object exploding too far from the player's screen bounds on the max zoom-out, it could not be heard ΓÇö the object is not in player's view scope.
3. Edit "Core.cpk/Scripts/Skills/Skills/Personal/SkillLearning.cs" there is a const LearningPointsRetainedAfterDeathBaseValue you can also modify it to retain much more when the skill level is increased.
4. Edit "Core.cpk/Scripts/Characters/Player/PlayerCharacter.cs" there are the player's base move speed and the run speed modifier. However, this file should be distributed as a client mod otherwise there will be a discrepancy between the server and client ΓÇö the movement is simulated on the client to reduce the network lag ΓÇö without the mod client will not know it should use a different move speed.
5. If you mean any vegetation, you can change "Core.cpk\Scripts\StaticObjects\Vegetation\Base\ProtoObjectGatherableVegetation.cs" to set shorter DurationGatheringSeconds.
6. Unfortunately, it's not yet possible.

Regards!