Any date for next update ? Wipe ?

Started by Elsayal, June 08, 2019, 03:06:06 AM

Elsayal

Hi,

The topic speak for himslef : I'm wondering if you have plan a wipe with the next update and if there is an approximative date / month for this.

Thanks !

ai_enabled

Hello!

The next major update is planned for the first half of July (will be announced later). The next wipe is scheduled with this update as the savegame will be not compatible.

Regards!

softwarelove

Quote from: ai_enabled on June 09, 2019, 08:56:34 AM
Hello!

The next major update is planned for the first half of July (will be announced later). The next wipe is scheduled with this update as the savegame will be not compatible.

Regards!

Wipes get so frequently.
Current players pay to help test the game.
Will there be any rewards for us?

Lurler

Quote from: softwarelove on June 09, 2019, 06:33:51 PM
Wipes get so frequently.
Current players pay to help test the game.
Will there be any rewards for us?
There is a reply to this in another topic.

Here's a copy:

Actually most players are eagerly waiting for wipes with every version. It gives everyone an opportunity to start anew in a fresh economy and experience the game again.

This is especially important when updates are released as they introduce a lot of new features and many changes into the game and most players want to have the opportunity to experiences all of those new features the way they were meant to be discovered.

We have always restarted official servers with each update since the game release and even for about a year of alpha access before release.

While I certainly understand that it may seem like you are losing progress - but in reality it gives you a new opportunity to use what you learned previously and progress much faster after the wipe.

Plus, with each update we are making progression speed faster, as new content is added. For example this following update in July will introduce a whole new electricity system to use on your bases. You can build generators, energy storage, electric furnaces, recharge station and multitude of other structures and devices that will use electricity within this new system.

Also, currently there is a technical reason why we can't keep the saves even if we wanted to. We simply cannot update the game without wiping the official servers due to save incompatibility. But we are hoping that in the future we will be able to add save compatibility and reassess whether we want to continue wiping official servers at that point.

Still, if you would like to continue playing without ever wiping and updating - you can join one of community servers that are dedicated for long term play and never wipe or run your own private server where you will have full control over wiping and updating.

softwarelove

Anyway,personally, I donnot think frequent wiping is a good idea.

New structures, facilities, etc. can and should be introduced to make the game more interesting.

But why not try to expand the area of the current map to accomodate these changes.

Maybe, it's a good way to resolve saving incompability.

I am not a coder and have no idea if my advice is doable.

Frequent wiping does do harm to the spread of this great game.

Best Regards.

Lurler

Quote from: softwarelove on June 10, 2019, 08:10:10 PM
Anyway,personally, I donnot think frequent wiping is a good idea.
Wipes are not frequent, if you take a look at wipes in the past, they happened roughly only every 2 months or so. As I said before, only with major version releases.

New structures, facilities, etc. can and should be introduced to make the game more interesting.
But why not try to expand the area of the current map to accomodate these changes.
That is why wipes are needed. To introduce those changes.

Frequent wiping does do harm to the spread of this great game.
Quite the opposite is true.
Every time a wipe happens we see thousands of players returning to the game.
Thousands of players are eagerly waiting for each wipe and each update.