[1.1.8] Unable to start game (crashes after blue logo-screen) [Win7x64]

Started by calia, April 03, 2015, 09:40:07 PM

calia

Hi,

I have purchased the game (v1.1.8) today and unsuccessfully tried to run it. It shows a screen with the blue logo but crashes right after that with the following error:

Unhandled Noesis Exception!
Resource Assets/UI/Loader.xaml not found
[ 0] [0x61AC4851] Noesis.dll!Boxed_String_GetStaticType + 0x27e1 bytes
[ 1] [0x61CEBD8C] Noesis.dll!Noesis_LoadXAML + 0x1c bytes
[ 2] [0x101108BA] mono.dll!mono_gc_get_generation + 0x78a8 bytes
[ 3] [0x10001D44] mono.dll!g_free + 0x316 bytes

I have manually installed mono but it didn't seem to help. A firewall exception is set. I tried the Steam version, the launcher version and the manually downloaded version - all behave the same.

I have attached the logs and a manually triggered mini dump.

I hope you can help :-)

Game version: 1.1.8, Windows
Game mode: not relevant
Bug Location: launch
Steps to Reproduce: launch the game, observe screen with blue logo being shown and disappear, observe crash window pop up
Reproduction Rate: always
Screenshot: doesn't seem to be necessary
Bug Description: game won't start beyond the blue logo
Logs: attached (see link below)
Crashdump: attached (see link below), manually triggered through button in crash-window

Logs/Crashdump: <https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0i1pxe11blt7kaz/AAC5XPJfyLftc8pvb8c4tUdfa?dl=0>

Regards,

calia

ai_enabled

Hello!
Thanks for reporting.
The fix will be available very soon (testing it now).
Regards!

calia

Hi,

behavior has not changed with the currently released 1.2.0 (neither steam-version nor launcher-version)...

Regards

ai_enabled

calia, this is unexpected as we included missing files for OpenGL renderer (previously the game contains resource files only for DX9 and a few users reported this issue also).
Could you upload all game logs from /Documents/AtomicTorchStudio/VoidExpanse/Logs on the Google Drive or Dropbox and provide the link please.
Regards!

ai_enabled

There is also output_log.txt file in the VoidExpanse_Data folder, please upload it also!

calia

Hello,

thank you for your quick reactions and answers.

I've added a"logs_v1.2.0.zip" to the shared dropbox folder.

Hope you find something useful.

Regards.

calia

ai_enabled

Thanks for the logs! I'm sorry I didn't noticed the link in the first post - was very tired after a sleepless night after the release on Steam...

The problem is that the game launched with the DX11 mode, but the game built only for the DX9 renderer (and OpenGL starting from 1.2.0). This is strange as Steam should install DX9 and launch the game with it.
Could you install DirectX 9 from Microsoft Downloads (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35) please ?
If still no luck, you can force running the game with DX9 by using the launch option "-force-d3d9" (without quotes) for the game on Steam (link on the help page (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1040-JWMT-2947)).
And if still no luck, you could force the game to run with OpenGL with flag "-force-opengl".
We will include support for DirectX 11 with the next build. However, the game should run fine with DX9.

Regards!

calia

Hi,

thank you for your help. What helped was restarting steam which I foolishly didn't do before. Not sure what the real reason was... Not it works even without the dx9 switch. Installing DX9 didn't work btw. because the installer determined that there is either the same or a newer version already installed.

At the end of the day the game works now and I'm off to check it out ^.^

Thanks alot.

All the best.

ai_enabled

calia, great to know the issue resolved!
Enjoy the game!
Regards!