Trader Class suggestions

Started by BeLugh, July 31, 2014, 01:04:15 PM

BeLugh

Hi! First i tried testing being a miner, i found 3 different asteroid types, while i wasnt able to mine the 3rd one being chased. (need to go on checking that one if there are more types)
Then i tried being a fighter hunting all that pirates, that works really ncie so far and is the best playable class right now.

Today i tried playing as a trader. It is obvious that the skill tree and trader is still very new. To make the trader class more attractive there should be something like an insurance that when you die you will get your trade goods back or like 75% of its value, because when you fly aroudn with all yoru money in your cargo and you die for a trader its like you are playing a higher difficulty level.
I got one suggestion which is essential to make the trader playable: right now you do not earn xp at all when trading, so you are still forced to do missions, mining or combat. My idea is quite obvious, you should earn xp based on trade profit.
For example you buy polymers for 5000 and sell them for 6000. You should earn like 1000xp for that. And you could add skills for traders optimizing the xp output like you did for miners.

You could also add rare and really rare trade goods, which are only shown sometimes and will always give profit when selling somewhere else. A skill for traders could improve the chance of having those goods in the shop.

Also nice would be an expensive device that you can activate anywhere outside a station to receive trade good prices of all stations in the same system.

(Another device idea would be a treasure finder: to have a small chance of creating a crate somewhere in the system with random items depending on your level)

BeLugh

The easiest way would be to give 2xp per sold trade good. (and a skill with 5 levels giving +20% xp for trades, like for mining)

For the xp calculation of the first post you would need to write the costs for the goods into the stack ofd goods as average price. Other items (like mined ores) should be as 0 or not existend and should nto give xp then. When it would give negative xp it should be +/-0 xp then. Using this calculation instead of the first one it allows traders to trade with ores giving xp (without giving xp to miners for selling as well).