We are in top 100 on Steam Greenlight!

Started by Lurler, August 25, 2014, 03:39:22 AM

Lurler

Original post: https://atomictorch.com/Post/Id1074

Here is a long awaited update about our greenlight campaign! We've finally reached top 100! And to be precise we've reached #62 place at this point! Out of 1900 other titles. And I think it warrants at least a little bit of celebration!

We still aim for 50+ to be absolutely sure that we are accepted by Valve, but I think now it is only a matter of time!

Take a look at the statistics yourself:

Please share this campaign with your friends and help us make it happen!

And if you haven't voted yourself yet - you can find our campaign here, and hopefully vote!

Thank you everyone for your amazing support! :)

What do you guys think? :)

We all are personally very happy to finally reach the top 100 mark!

It surely doesn't mean we are greenlit yet, but it brings us closer to it, and hopefully Valve will see the potential of this game and allow us on steam.

BeLugh

Congratulations!!!!

Finally we reached this goal.
The rest is just a matter of time and good development of the game!

Tchey

I've seen a LOT of "indy games" with a nice very little community and good relationship with developper(s), with patch every week or so... until they go to Greenlight or Kickstarter or alike. Then, it's the fall. Less communication, less updates, less quantity and less quality !

But i feel confident about Void Expance !
http://jeux1d100.net/blog/

Hammish

Awesome job guys!  Also, assuming you make it, do you have plans to actually integrate the steam API further down the road, or will Steam just be primarily a distribution point?

I just know I <3 me some Steam integration and think it'd be awesome for the game further down the road for Workshop to be able to handle mods in addition to ease of joining multiplayer.

Lurler

Quote from: BeLugh on August 25, 2014, 03:52:54 AM
Congratulations!!!!
Finally we reached this goal.
Not yet :)
The goal is to be greenlit!

Quote from: Tchey on August 25, 2014, 07:19:03 AM
I've seen a LOT of "indy games" with a nice very little community and good relationship with developper(s), with patch every week or so... until they go to Greenlight or Kickstarter or alike. Then, it's the fall. Less communication, less updates, less quantity and less quality !
But i feel confident about Void Expance !
Naaah, that's not our way. Even if we forget about the community management, promotion thingies and whatever - I am just simply enjoying talking with you guys who are fans of our little project :) That definitely won't change. The only reason I see which could affect our ability to answer everything and actively participate in the discussions is if the forums grow to such a size that we simply won't have time to answer everything. But I don't think it will happen soon, so rest assured that we will still be the same old AtomicTorch team as always :)

Quote from: Hammish on August 25, 2014, 08:21:03 AM
Awesome job guys!  Also, assuming you make it, do you have plans to actually integrate the steam API further down the road, or will Steam just be primarily a distribution point?
I just know I <3 me some Steam integration and think it'd be awesome for the game further down the road for Workshop to be able to handle mods in addition to ease of joining multiplayer.
Yup, I think all these meta thingies on Steam such as achievements, trading cards and the rest are pretty fun, so we will definitely integrate them. I don't really know, though, what's the deal on Steam side, but if they allow us to do it we are definitely going to implement that. And workshop for sure as well. It will allow for the easiest mod installation and great database.

BeLugh

The first goal was to get in the top 100 ;) The second one is to be greenlit!

Lurler

Quote from: BeLugh on August 25, 2014, 10:27:17 PM
The first goal was to get in the top 100 ;) The second one is to be greenlit!
True :)
We will see how it goes!