Hacking the device

Started by InSaNeOo, September 30, 2014, 02:12:46 AM

InSaNeOo

Having troubles hacking it.
I was only able to add user permissions  in the user folder but cant do anything else.
I don't really understand the puzzle side of this minigame. (all those 4 digit numbers don't make sense to me the way they work in each folder)
Any tips/help? :s
Also cant find the NPC who would tell me how to join fanatics.

Lurler

This quest is not mandatory to advance the game story (so it's a side quest) so we deliberately made it quite difficult, and more like an inside thing for people who might be tech-savvy. I won't give away the solution myself, but maybe other people will :)

As for joining fanatics - hint: talk to freedom guys and ask them about that.

Ashar

After over an hour of trial and error (forceing the game to exit without saving inbetween) i became seriously pissed off, but then i came up with a solution to the hack, instead of hacking the device, i hacked the order_quest_rosco_device.js file so any action on the terminal gave the the function TerminalSuccess(). Not exaclty what i was suppose to do, but i figured hackings hacking, doesnt matter what i hack, as long as the end result is the same, quest complete.

Lurler

Quote from: Ashar on February 10, 2015, 06:38:30 PM
Not exaclty what i was suppose to do, but i figured hackings hacking, doesnt matter what i hack, as long as the end result is the same, quest complete.
Well, that's one way to look at it :)

kyokei

Quote from: Ashar on February 10, 2015, 06:38:30 PM
After over an hour of trial and error (forceing the game to exit without saving inbetween) i became seriously pissed off, but then i came up with a solution to the hack, instead of hacking the device, i hacked the order_quest_rosco_device.js file so any action on the terminal gave the the function TerminalSuccess(). Not exaclty what i was suppose to do, but i figured hackings hacking, doesnt matter what i hack, as long as the end result is the same, quest complete.
Brilliant beyond words! lol

Ictinike

Hi there.. new to the universe and have been trying to figure this out..

Fairly tech-savvy but have yet to figure out the sequence.. Just to be sure, there IS a way and a way that WORKS 100%? lol

I just want to make sure it's a viable quest and in working order before spending more time, LMAO :D

Cheers,
~Icky

Lurler

Well it is definitely a solvable quest, but we made it as an extra quest that is not mandatory to progress in the game, so we made it extra difficult :) One small mistake and BOOM.

Ictinike

Ha, yeah I've noticed.. Still working on it but didn't have much time yesterday..

It's clearly tricky in what commands are allowed.