Combat Tips

Started by Martoq, February 03, 2015, 11:55:29 PM

Martoq

Hello, new to the game and I keep getting fragged by Pirates, was wondering if anyone has any tips. I'm currently flying a Banshee MK 2. It is armed with 2 Light Plasma Cannons and 1 Autocannon( I believe the game referred to it as a "Space Shotgun). I've tried using Mouse and Keyboard to steer my ship and just the mouse. No matter what I keep getting out maneuvered. which ends up with me being blasted.

I think one of the problems I have is how floaty the ships maneuvering feels. Also I have messed up hands from a couple of chronic ailments I have.

So does anyone have any tips for combat?

Also is there any ships that have a 360 degree turret?

Is there any plans to add an easier difficulty maybe?

Any info would be greatly appreciated? Seems like the games fun, just wish I could get a handle on combat.

Lurler

I would suggest spending some money to upgrade your shields. That's very important factor to survival. Also maybe grab couple of hull boosters which will increase how much damage you can sustain.
Plus, make sure you don't fly too far into dangerous territory. Banshee is still a fairly weak ship.

360 turrent, hm, AFAIR there is only one ship like that, called ... erm, what was it called again? The last one we added, that is a support vessel. Though it probably won't be ideal for combat.
I would suggest you rather grab a "Hammer", it is truly a beast if equipped correctly or a "Death Bringer", which is also insanely powerful, "Aurora" might not be a bad choice as well if you prefer missiles.

Oh, and speaking of missiles - it might be exactly what you need. Try using MLRS launchers! If you lock targers with [R] the missiles will seek and destroy the target themselves.

ai_enabled

In the just released v1.0.2 (experimental build) experience curve is much easier, so you can gain levels faster and get more skill points.
If the game still too hard for you, you can expect an "easy game" mod from the community :-).

Martoq

Thanks for the info and tips. I'll give them a try.