Great Game -- and you can thank Quill18 for this purchase

Started by s4bre, March 27, 2015, 12:39:15 PM

s4bre

If Quill hadnt covered this game on youtube i wouldve never found out what a precious little gem has spawned under my radar...and some really SLICK coding to be had here as well ...awesome just what i was looking for....already have put in hours and hours and only got 1 hour to sleep before going to work ...YARRRRRRR

Have stirred up some viral fuzz about it ..you can find it currently the no1 at  the top google search results if you enter "voidexpanse test"  if you include german as a language in google search...its a request to review this game to germanys probably most influencial games website.

Silberspeer

Quote from: s4bre on March 27, 2015, 12:39:15 PM
If Quill hadnt covered this game on youtube i wouldve never found out what a precious little gem has spawned under my radar...and some really SLICK coding to be had here as well ...awesome just what i was looking for....already have put in hours and hours and only got 1 hour to sleep before going to work ...YARRRRRRR

yes, quill helped us a lot! We are also glad to have you with us now :D

QuoteHave stirred up some viral fuzz about it ..you can find it currently the no1 at  the top google search results if you enter "voidexpanse test"  if you include german as a language in google search...its a request to review this game to germanys probably most influencial games website.

Whoa, thank you! What did you do?

LastLevelCo

Quil is the one that brought VoidExpanse to my attention as well.  He's great and I've been watching his videos for months now.

If you're interested in Let's Play content, I recently released the first episode of my let's play series on YouTube.  It would mean a ton if you checked it out and left us some feedback.
https://youtu.be/MT8C6noqrqM

Creat

For those hoping/waiting for more Let's Plays: Arumba (https://youtu.be/aLcedni9uFE?t=1m55s) has also said that he'll make a series on it (but didn't specify a time). There might be a lot of overlap with quil18's audience though, but I'm nevertheless very much looking forward to it.

Also, Quil18's run seems to be concluded now with the 4th episode now, which is kinda sad...

hockeyhacker97

Quote from: Creat on March 29, 2015, 07:43:31 AM
For those hoping/waiting for more Let's Plays: Arumba (https://youtu.be/aLcedni9uFE?t=1m55s) has also said that he'll make a series on it (but didn't specify a time). There might be a lot of overlap with quil18's audience though, but I'm nevertheless very much looking forward to it.

Also, Quil18's run seems to be concluded now with the 4th episode now, which is kinda sad...

Yeah Quil18 said that he was only going to do a handful of episodes (Basically an extended let's look at rather then a let's play) probably because of the amount of work doing Cities Skyline and Pillars of Eternity already are.  But yeah I also found out about the game through him, funnily enough I only started watching a bit of his content recently. Reason I started watching Quil18 was when NL did a Let's Look at Cities Skyline, his video made me want to look a bit further into the game to see if it was the Sim City I have been lacking for a very long time or not so ended up finding Quil from Cities Skyline which I then ended up buying after watching about 2 or 3 of Quil's videos (NL made the game look so so, worth looking into, Quil with a higher skill made the game sale for me), Pillars of Eternity I ended up getting after watching a random video on it (not any of my normal game coverage people nor one that I will end up watching more of the channel of), then I saw this mixed in with Quils Pillars videos, and it was like "hey that's SPAZ but a bit different, what's the price point? ok yeah I'll pick that up I liked SPAZ enough to where $15 for a similar game is worth the purchase, thats just not eating out one-two days".

koute

+1

I saw the game on Quill's channel and just bought the game! What sealed the deal was that the game is reasonably priced for what it offers and you have a Linux version. (Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it; we Linux gamers exist - thanks for the support!)

So, enjoy my $15! (:

Silberspeer

Lurler

Linux - we definitely want to support that!
I myself used to use Linux extensively in the past (not so much nowadays, though).

RavenFellBlade

I came to VoidExpanse by way of Scott Manley, myself. I posted a poll asking who else did the same. Maybe I should update the question to include other 'Tubers/LetsPlayers?
The funny thing about space is that there's actually quite a lot of it.

loudent

another quill18 sale here. Just played this game for like 10 hours straight. Just checking out what it had to offer. pretty fun

sitko