Incompatable server running different version (but I'm not)

Started by loudent, April 17, 2015, 10:43:47 AM

loudent

Hi All,

I'm running a test server to test some things out and when I try to connect to the server I get an error that they are incompatible because they are running different versions:

"Your game version is 1.2.8"
"GameServer version is v1.2.8."

The only difference is that game version doesn't have the little "v" in front of the version number.

I know there are people successfully running servers so there must be a way to deal with this.

Any ideas?

0Troy

kyokei

I had this when I updated to 1.2.8 and a reboot on my client game worked.
Whats the IP? I'll try to connect

loudent

Not sure what you mean by a reboot on your game client.

It's not running right now. I had to shut it down to get some work done.

kyokei

Get the server up and running.
After a minute start you client (so on your gaming PC) and try to connect.

Just let me know when you can start it, lets get this sorted for you

You running any mods?

loudent

I can't really leave it up right now. I need to be logged into work VPN and the server definitely wont run in that environment.

But I did another quick test (after you noted that I should wait a minute or two) and noticed that when I selected the sever it said "please wait..." so perhaps I wasn't waiting long enough for it to load. So I waited until the please wait.. went away and tried to connect. I didn't get the error but it appears I hung during connection.

So, the initial problem of version numbers was just a factor of my impatience and lack of attention to detail :)

When I have time tonight I'll go through the server setup (I haven't configured anything, was hoping that for a local connection it would just work) and get it done.

Thanks

kyokei

Ok goodluck, if you need my help just drop me a PM and we can set something up

ai_enabled

loudent, thanks for reporting about this issue. We also noticed it and fix is ready (the client will display "please wait" instead of "incompatible version"). The patch will be available on Monday.
Regards!