Game fails to boot after update

Started by Jpeasy, September 25, 2018, 04:01:32 PM

Jpeasy

Hey all,

I have just updated Cryofall to v0.16.1.1 from the previous version and now the game will not boot for me. The first time I click the play button within the launcher nothing happens, but I do see the Cryofall icon appears in my taskbar and then disappear quickly. The second time I click the play button it says "Checking Data" and then after that a pop up appears saying that the game installation is corrupted and to please click "Repair" in order to fix it. When I click repair the bar fills up and completes and then the Play button becomes available again. Then the whole process happens again in a continuous loop and the game will never boot.

EDIT: Even after uninstalling the title and re-installing the same issue occurs.

If there is any other information you need me to provide please let me know :)

ai_enabled

Jpeasy, thanks for reporting!
That's very unusual. Could you try deleting the game folder completely from the Launcher Data folder, please? See "Settings" tab, there is a path to the "Data" folder.

Jpeasy

Thank you for the reply :)

I will give that a try later on today after work when I arrive home and I will post my results here

Jpeasy

I didn't even get a chance to try deleting the folder, after the newest update v0.16.2.2 everything is working fine again and I can enjoy the game, yay :)

ai_enabled

Jpeasy

Thanks again, I'll keep posting any bugs found. You guys have a great game here with lots of potential and I can't wait to see it grow!

Lurler

Thank you! :)
It's great to hear you are enjoying the game!