Skill Reset

Started by Kittani, April 07, 2015, 07:17:40 PM

Kittani

So I've encountered a bit of a conundrum.  I have played through to the point where mining is pretty much useless for cash flow and now I'm in a part of the story where I really need to be equipped to handle swarms of pirates.  Unfortunately I spent all my skill points on maxing the mining tree and only a little bit here and there.  I did some math and at nearly level 40 it's going to be at least a dozen more levels or more before I get to continue on the main quest any farther.  Is there any way to reset the skill points so I can continue or should I just start over and forsake the mining tree this time in favor of skills that are actually useful?

ForceUser

Are you mining the blue ores? They're great for money. Grab a Stingrey Mk2, 3 standard mining lasers and 4 Mk1 capacitor boosters. For weapons grab heavy ACs or Gauss and a tracking missile (or missile swarm)

I've been using this to both get money and kill alien battlehsips/hives.

Kittani

First I have heard that boosters stack... ugh... thanks

ForceUser

It's pretty easy to check, especially with the capacitor boosters since they each add 150 or 300 capacitor and you can see your total energy in the fitting screen. Same with shield capacity boosters and Hull boosters.

Lurler

I have to agree with ForceUser, there are always more approaches to tackling a problem that might seem at first. Even if you spend all of your skill points into non combat skills there is still a possibility to play quite effectively! :)

The only think I want to suggest is to always unlock new ship classes as they become available! :)

ForceUser

Yea I flew the freighter for a long time, it was a pretty good combat ship with the right equipment  ;D but man that Stingray Mk2 is soooo good! I have a heavy cruiser bought, I'm just missing the heavy ACs for it.

I think when I beat the game and start again I'll go all out for a energy weapon and armor build