Improving System Jump Transitions/Loading

Started by Ripper, May 03, 2015, 06:19:20 PM

Ripper

Hey all,

First post here, just wanted to say I've put several hours into Void Expanse and I am a big fan. Fun game!

So far the only thing annoying me and yanking me out of the immersion of space is the loading screens that occur *every* time you jump between a system. This post is a request/suggestion to improve this.

I know loading has to occur, the systems are fairly big. But couldn't you hide the loading in the background behind a slick "system/star jump" transition instead? Think about the Escape Velocity series which does this very cleanly. Not an actual loading screen, but gives the illusion that you are jumping between systems. I would absolutely love it if something like this could be worked into the game or modded somehow. I'd do it myself I knew how to do any modding.

What do you think?

MenschMaschine

*smiles*
What we really need is Content, not fancy-flashy-shiny cover-ups
of systems that would need much work to change to something nicer
while their function is at 100% already.
No Berries!

Silberspeer

Quote from: MenschMaschine on May 03, 2015, 11:36:39 PM
*smiles*
What we really need is Content, not fancy-flashy-shiny cover-ups
of systems that would need much work to change to something nicer
while their function is at 100% already.

I agree, some polishing takes too much time, which can be spent on some content production. I mean some pleasant but not really necessary things.

Hammish

Sadly it's one of the things I don't think modders can help out with as well, since it's part of the GUI. :(