Ship crew - leveling - skillset

Started by kyokei, December 05, 2014, 01:33:05 AM

kyokei

I just thought of it. Since we have the modules that you can attach to your ship that improve it why not also have crew members.
You would be able to recruit these in various stations, get them via rescue missions or finding them drifting in broken ships around the universe.
The thought came to me after playing some FTL.

So each ship would have a few spots and each person would have a special characteristic which would level overtime based on the time he has spent in this ship. Think of here of special perks as in shield regen while in combat

When you would move to a new ship the level of your crew would be lvl 1 again. The progress would be per ship and would be saved. This means that if you would go back to an old ship then they would continue where they left off with their levels.

This would give a new edge to the game and would introduce a bit more choice making when it comes to your ship.

Lurler

It is definitely possible, but I just don't see how the crew would affect you or your ship. If they are just giving some bonuses to the existing values then it is definitely not a good idea since we already have a tons of ways to get these and it would be adding another one which ultimately doesn't add to gameplay. However, if there is something entirely different that the crew could affect then it is certainly worth to consider.