[Resolved] Can not connect to server after update to version 1.2.7

Started by Cybermind, April 15, 2015, 11:47:40 PM

Cybermind

Game version: 1.2.7
Game mode: Multplayer
Bug Location: 90.185.88.230:5000 (private server)
Steps to Reproduce: Try to connect to server
Reproduction Rate: 100%
Screenshot: Not needed
Bug Description: After updating to version 1.2.7 no one can connect to my server
Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8P6h0XijC_Pcll6SVZsZ3FRakE/view?usp=sharing
Crashdump:

ai_enabled

Hello!
Thanks for reporting. Have you tried turning off the Firewall and then restart the server?
And what the way you're using to connect to the server? From public server list? Have you tried adding the server address to Customs servers list and connect to it from there?
Regards!

Cybermind

It is white-listed in antivirus and firewall, I have forwarded port 5000 in the router and I only use custom servers tab to connect to my server, it is not public.

Cybermind

Turning off the firewalls did not help, I can only connect through LAN now.

ai_enabled

I've checked the Master server log and found exception "A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host" when it try to respond to your server IP. We will investigate why it happens.
The Master server is restarted. Please check if the issue resolved for you now.

Cybermind

ai_enabled

Hmm... I can see established connections to the master server from your IP address.
Could you stop the server and edit the SettingsServer.xml file - set min_log_severity to "Debug". Then restart the server and try to connect with it. When the connection will be unable to establish please stop the server (so it will flush the log file) and upload the latest server log.

Cybermind

Done, here is the log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8P6h0XijC_PZF9Rek94MTY0bXc/view?usp=sharing

ai_enabled

Sorry for the late reply.

I've checked the log and it seems the game server works properly - it's listening on all network interfaces on UDP port 5000, it communicates without any issues with the Master Server, and you can connect to it by LAN. So you should be able to connect with it via the Internet as well.
It seems something blocks connection from internet to local UDP port 5000 - usually it's an issue with the router or ISP.
And we didn't changed anything regarding the networking in the 1.2.5-1.2.8, so I'm sure the issue is with the router or ISP.

Could you try to set another UDP port in the SettingsServer.xml? Also the firmware update for the router may helps.

Regards!

Cybermind

I can connect now. I changed the port number and set the port forward rule to only UDP and not TCP/UDP.

ai_enabled