Cant activate local mod

Started by Farnsi, February 07, 2016, 03:31:16 AM

Farnsi

I try to mod but i cant acitvate the mod so i try to use an existing mod, the Steam Deathbringer Mod as example.

I deflate the mod and copy the files to C:\Users\hpr\Documents\AtomicTorchStudio\VoidExpanse\Mods\deathbringer
Give it a unique id and start Void Expanse, in Modlist i see the mod, with a endless spinner where the icon is. I can select the mod, but on save nothing happen, the dialog is still open.

Here is an error from client...log:

Exception System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\hpr\Documents\AtomicTorchStudio\VoidExpanse\Mods\deathbringer' is denied.
-------------------------stack-------------------------
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AtomicTorch.SpaceRPG.Client.Unity.UI.Menus.Mods.Data.ModDataContext.<set_ModPath>m__177 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AtomicTorch.GameEngine.Common.Threading.Task.Do () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AtomicTorch.GameEngine.Common.Threading.TaskBase.DoInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
7.2.16 01:23:24.2644 [ERR] Exception while execute task. Task creation stacktrace:

There are no special access rights on the folders.
I dont have an active virus scanner, i disable Win10 Scanner too.

Try to run as admin, nothing change.

Reinstalled the game, nothing change.

Add the files to an .mpk, then i got an error popup on startup
Error loading mod from C:\Users\hpr\Documents\AtomicTorchStudio\VoidExpanse\Mods\deathbringer.mpk

ai_enabled

Hello!
If I understood you correctly, you could use Steam mods, but cannot use local mods dropped to the folder "C:\Users\hpr\Documents\AtomicTorchStudio\VoidExpanse\Mods\" because the game cannot access/load it.
The game requires that you place only *.MPK-files to the folder "C:\Users\hpr\Documents\AtomicTorchStudio\VoidExpanse\Mods\". The MPK files are simple deflate ZIP without compression (none or zero compression level) which contains "header.xml" at its root.

Could you try please copying any *.MPK-file from Steam Workshop (without decompressing/recompressing/any modification) to this folder and confirm that the issue still persist?

Regards!

Farnsi

Thank you, now i found the problem: i compress my folder `hpr` instead of compressing the files within the folder  ::)

ai_enabled

I'm glad to help.
Enjoy the game!