Server Query

Started by BaxAndrei, November 09, 2023, 08:56:29 AM

BaxAndrei

Hello.

Is there information or documentation on how to query the private server? Get data about server (if online, ping, players, etc.). I have a tracker site where all the community servers are kept, but for this game we didn't manage to do that.

Thank you in advance.

ai_enabled

Hello!
Alas CryoFall doesn't have this feature.
You can try parsing the console output of the server to gather some info (it's posting the stats about every 30 seconds).

Regards!

BaxAndrei

I finally managed to make a script to get the data by simulating the connection, thanks anyway.

ai_enabled

Awesome! Please consider sharing your script on Github or GistΓÇöit would be super helpful for other players/server owners.

Regards!

BaxAndrei

There it is: https://github.com/tltneon/lgsl/commit/dcc7eb844a6fff3885131c80d301e74c07b78190

But it would be useful in the future to add an official query to make it easier for players to query the server. I think it will give a boost to the game because server lists will appear for it.

ai_enabled

Well done!
It's in our tasks list, but unfortunately we don't have a specific timeline for the next patch for CryoFall. The game has been finalized for over a year, so it's on maintenance and upkeep. I don't know when we will be able to continue development.

Regards!