a suggestion about using items placed in cells at the bottom of menu

Started by softwarelove, May 14, 2019, 10:55:03 PM

softwarelove

Hi, dear game master!
When  a herb or a waterbulb fruit is placed in a cell, for example, cell 3, I have to press 3 and then left-click my character to consume it.
That's not convenient.

I believe it's better to use food and beverage just by double pressing corresponding number key.

Best wishes.
Softwarelove

Lurler

Thank you for your suggestion, but it might be a bit confusing to some players as it would be completely new mechanic.
We already have a very simple logic that left mouse button always uses what you have selected in your hotbar, while right mouse button uses anything you are pointing your mouse in the world.

Also, you can use any items directly in your inventory by dragging them onto your character (there will be "Use" cell there).

softwarelove

It would be appreciated if you can add the operation I proposed above without removing the current mechanics.

And if it's so hard to add that, I believe it would be better to design a special visual mouse effect when activating food or beverage, so that players can easily use it to themselves or one of their teammates.

For the time being, nothing changes on the screen when activating food or beverage before using it. It looks like you choose nothing.

ai_enabled

The visual indication is something we're considering to improve.

BTW, you could quickly eat food by simply Alt+Left mouse button clicking on it, in any items container, including the hotbar. It's not as fast as what you're proposing to implement, but it's still very useful and could be applied everywhere.

Regards!

softwarelove