Mixed Mode PVP/PVE + Tribute Raid Mechanic

Started by gigafunk, May 13, 2020, 04:28:28 PM

gigafunk

I propose a server in which is PVP only allowed around prag sources, if you are holding raw prag, in an event circle , or in a radius around oil seeps and lith nodes. Maybe in the desert as a whole, maybe not, maybe in the ocean and new areas , maybe not.  Depends on whats needed.

Maybe this requires no oil or lith in any biome without the temporary nodes. 

I dont know if this should be another post, but a
Also a new raid mechanic in which you build a "tribute" shrine outside someones claim. Now they have a time (24 hours?) to start paying a tribute, maybe 1 prag per claim spot per day. If the timers runs out, the tribute builder/demander/receiver can raid the claim. While under tribute, maybe tribute clan can enter and look through chests (not interact) to make sure they are not stockpiling weapons to overthrow them. Maybe the tribute payer gets a credit of a day if the tribute reciever wishes to exercise this power.

But claims on nodes do not have this protection.

I believe something like this would create a dynamic top end pvp game of people collecting tribute payers and maintaining nodes and would allow for and required longer server wipes times and would create a place for solo mostly pve type players and large groups and break the "king of the hill" zero-sum game that is currently played on pvp servers.

Note on holding prag pvp. maybe you glow, if someone shoots them, they glow for a time. sure, non prag carriers could run around blocking with their bodies, but that cost durability and is fair meta-game. This could be solved with a pvp radius around prag carriers. This is delicate as may create grieving opportunities. If the "no run and shoot" or "run minus shoot ability" mechanic are put in place , that may help. But I would rather people meta game non pve body block that create potential grief.

Note on events. Yeah you may get trapped in one. RUN. Its dangerous out there what can I say. This could be solved with a 25-30 second prefall event in the area so you can scram. if it falls around your base....stay home.

Note on tribute shrines. Maybe a base technology, the throne maybe. and maybe the tributes must radiate out from the throne. maybe it grows as you collect tributes, maybe you HAVE to collect tribute from each successive claim in the way to grow. then a mechanic need introduced when a solo claims land already under the kings control. maybe an initial wood tribute that gives them a week or two to start paying the regular tribute.

ai_enabled

Hello!

Thank you for your idea. The response and suggestions how to implement this as a mod are provided in Discord discussion here https://discordapp.com/channels/344332261510086658/478520074320216064/710306119532412948

If you will have further ideas or questions I think it would be best to discuss here.

Regards!