about the direction of development of game

Started by 953043176@qq.com, May 21, 2020, 02:45:59 AM

953043176@qq.com

Sorry,forgive me for my bad english.
I have been playing this game for more than 200 hours.This game is pretty good but some problems.
I think it is unreaonable to combine "modding" and "online game".
If you want to develop an online game,you have to prevent some cheating by players, so the "modding" must be baned. If you want to make a profit through online games such as skin,you should not allow players to make mods.Because players can make what they want by modding instead of buying, that will give you no advantage.
I think the game seems to have been working hard to make it be "modding" such as "MC" or "Terraria",but online game needn't it.If you make a "modding" game,you need to give players enough freedom to make mod.Obviously it is not possible in online games because you need to prevent players from cheating.
As the old saying,you can't have your cake,and eat it.

ai_enabled

Hello!

Please read this topic http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=1147.msg8155#msg8155
it contains our views on cheating and modding.

Skins are still possible in a modded game and make sense (if we add skins which is not a certainty, we just considering the idea). The point of skins is to show yourself to other players with a cooler-looking skin for your armor or weapons. With a client-side mod you can do this only for your player on your PCΓÇöso other players will see no difference if you have made your character have a different appearance on your PC. It's the server that telling them how a player should look (what items are equipped, etc).

Regards!

953043176@qq.com

There are already various automation. IsnΓÇÖt that cheating? I donΓÇÖt want to see the servers full of robots.

ai_enabled

Quote from: 953043176@qq.com on August 20, 2020, 06:16:29 PM
There are already various automation. IsnΓÇÖt that cheating? I donΓÇÖt want to see the servers full of robots.

Quote from the original post we've made:
QuoteIs there ANY hacks/exploits that are possible then?
This leaves us with really only one class of exploits which are still technically possible and that is bots and aimbots to assist players with the game. Yes, it's perfectly possible to write a bot that would automate certain action (e.g. gathering items) or assist in performing other actions (aiming).

Yes, these types of mods are possible and we neither could nor want to prevent this. The game is moddable to the maximum extent possible and there is no way of preventing this kind of modding without removing the modding capability altogether. But given real impact of such modifications there isn't much actual harm. Not to mention - all of these mods are available publicly and could be used by anyone. And we are even considering making some of them a part of the base game to remove the last reason to even attempt to do something like that.
So the mods such as Automaton are available to everyone.
If/when players actively start writing and using client bots (such as farmbots) we will analyze the harm done by them and consider adding special protection (by detecting bots, introducing captcha, etc). Again, our views on the mods and their abuse with the intent of cheating explained there https://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=1147.msg8155#msg8155 please note that even non-moddable games have the same problems as it's a never-ending game of cat and mouse. We're constantly analyzing what's happening in the game and ready to react to everything.